ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mid-range graphics card update?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps,

Looking into a replacement mid-range card in favour of my elderly GTX460s that I have in SLi.

I was looking at around £250-£300 approximately. I'm open to the wise words and advice from the Hardware Sages of CS. :cool:

Cheers,
D.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for one of the GTX 770 based boards, but that's because I prefer nVidia. I don't think there's much to beat it in the mid-range GPU stakes (although - as Addicted mentioned - the R9 280X shouldn't be dismissed. It's just as capable and there's not much between them at the end of the day).

RX7 FD
Might be worth having a little look into Mantle for AMD and Gsync for Nvidia. See if you may benefit from these up-and-coming features, it may influence your decision.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm - decisions! Might have to postpone this for a short while anyway as the Chavwagen needs a new clutch. :cry:

Who knows, the 780's might have dropped in price by then? :)

D.