ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin Pilot Exalto

Clio 172
Our trackday 172 is in need of four new tyres (205/45/R16). We are currently running on proxes, which were spot in the dry at Croft, but really let us down at Oulton Park in the wet yesterday. We are looking to get hold of four new pilot tyres. Any recommendations where is best to buy??

PS: To any of you who have ran on these tyres on track, what pressures are recommended front and back??

Cheers:)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Exaltos are so expensive for track tyres, can not understand why your running 16s aswell. change to 15s they are better and will save you a fortune on tyres aswell.

Clio 172
The 16" OZ ultraleggra wheels were on when the car was bought. We run a set of 15" wheels aswell with slicks on. So what would you recommend then as an alternative to the pilots??

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Well if your just planning on using them in the Wet on the 16s might aswell get exhaltos and use them on the road aswell.

Clio 197
I had great difficulty getting them about a month ago...

...my VTS comes with them as standard, and I needed two new fronts.

I couldn't get any from anywhere...and I eventually had to use the spare, and settle for only one new tyre.

I got the very last 195/45/16 in the country because I got it direct from Michelin.

That said, 20k on a set of fronts is pretty darn good if you ask me - particularly given how sh*te the standard suspension is.

a thirsty one
good in very wet conditions, bit iffy in the damp and on dry tracks if the tyre pressure is to low you can kill the tyre walls.

decent tyres for the price though.