ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin energy saver or Goodyear efficient grip for dci clio?

Clio DCI
Going to need some new tyres on the dci soon. Always rated Michelin for wet grip and durability but the Goodyear efficient grip has better specs for wet grip and fuel efficiency, however im unsure how durable they'll be compared to the Michelin.

Any opinions?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Take no notice of the fuel economy side of things, its utterly pointless.

Out of them two though I would go for the Energy saver personally.

Goodyear wouldn't be a poor choice though.

Clio DCI
Michelin would normally be my preference but the Goodyear just looked like a good/better option, however I have no experience with Goodyear tyres

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hankook V12s .. decent enough all rounders. Have used them for years. Mid-range price, but spot on IMO.

Those energy saver tyres offer less rolling resistance therefore less grip, and when you look into it, they save you something hilarious like 200 miles of petrol over 12,000... which is about 1.6% saving.

Totally not worth the bother.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I thought you were going to sell it?

If you're selling it, whack some mickey wing wongs on it.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Hankook V12s .. decent enough all rounders. Have used them for years. Mid-range price, but spot on IMO.

Those energy saver tyres offer less rolling resistance therefore less grip, and when you look into it, they save you something hilarious like 200 miles of petrol over 12,000... which is about 1.6% saving.

Totally not worth the bother.

New one out very soon ;) K120 V12 Evo

Clio DCI
I thought you were going to sell it?

If you're selling it, whack some mickey wing wongs on it.

No its staying, be silly to sell up such a cheap to run/reliable car (touch wood!)

Thanks for the info, these seem a much better option & cheaper too!