ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MF Motorsport 182 + Speedline 2118's

Renaultsport 220T
In preparation for Brands Hatch track day, a couple of weeks ago I was trying to order up some Hankock RS2 track tyres. Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately) they were out of stock. So, my only option was to find something else suitable that would do. I had a second set of 16's Tunini's that I used previously with Kuhmo V700 rubber to good effect, but at £130+VAT a corner, I wasn't about to buy 4 new ones.

Luckily, Inferno D4ve and 7Mat came to the rescue.

First off Inferno was looking for some Speedline Turini's in anthracite, so he bought my track day 16's off me. That left me with the option to buy some 15" 2118's, in steps D4ve, who provided me with a set of new Speedlines 2118's with ET43 offset. Only real decision was what colour to order them in, white or anthracite?

Decision was made.....

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

On opening the first box I was was speechless. These things are v.beautiful, if a little heavy, still will withstand being thrown over kerbs on track.

Oh and where the hell do I find some Toyo 888's in 3 days with a weekend and a Bank Holiday looming.

Luckily my very good friend 7Mat (polishing Matt) had an unused set lying around, which he hadn't put on rims. All that selling i4detailing.co.uk stuff is keeping off track this year. So a trip was planned down to his on saturday to pick those up. Plenty of space in the car for them.....

web.jpg

web.jpg

Tyres were fitted onto rims saturday afternoon, and today I put them on the car and took them out to scrub them in a bit. Had to make a slight adjustment to the ABS lead bracket on the coilovers, just to give enough clearance for the wheel weights. Precision tool was used.

So this how they look on the car. Wasn't sure at first, but I like them a lot now. So much so, I think I might to sell my other set of 16" turini's and get some road tyres on a second set of these.

Let's hope the rain stays off for Wednesday. What do you think..... (iphone pics)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
looks real good! i've just picked up some oz f1's but was after a set of these too - mint wheels!

Titanium 182
If I'm ever in the posistion where I still have my Clio and another car to use daily, I want these wheels with those tyres on it. And I want my Clio to be white.

Your car looks absolutely awesome! :)

Renaultsport 220T
Cracking shot that Guppy!!!!

No mountains here in Kent, unfortunately.

Just heavy rain, should be challenging tomorrow on 888's.
:cool:

ITB'd 182...
Can you lower the front down anymore?

Id love a set of 888's but fear id have to raise the suspension so it wouldnt catch my arches. People say although that 195/50's theyre more like 205/55's in reality...

Renaultsport 220T
No need to lower front anymore. Car is set for track, not looks. ;)

The rolling radius is about 8mm less than my 205/45/R16's.

Renaultsport 220T
Cheers Rob, we'll have to have a Wharf drinks evening sometime soon.

I'm just next door to you around the lake. ;)

Richy, if you pm d4ve, he'll be able to sort out a price for you.

Renaultsport 220T
Looking good Steve :cool:

Mine was too low at the f/n/s at Brands for paddock, yours looks spot on.

Cheers N, I have had similar problem previously, it's probably the hardest compression the car ever takes, that corner.

I'll be trying out some new setting in the morning. Both on the car and myself. lol
;)