ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Melted steering wheel

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Had mine replaced by Renault under warranty

Clio_100608_4.gif

They gave me the order sheet to sign and it would have cost £428 inc VAT and fitting.:eek::eek::eek:

i have now something to winge about to renault;) im wanting a new one under warrenty now:cool:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lol @ peeps who think they are 'leather'...... like the Trophy Trendlines......... :quiet:

Current ride - my Adidas!
i know volvo will replace your steering wheel if the coating peels and you are black but sadly this appears not to be the case with renault and whites!

and dont let your mrs anywhere near your clio with 1 of those wheel covers on, u know she'll be doin her hair and makeup in it as she drives!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Thought if we could get a list together would make it lot easier to show it's a common problem, not fit for purpose, therby making warranty claims easier for everyone.

they know its a problem when i bought my clio the dealer told me n said its a comment fault with the clio, n thats it :dead:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
When I was working for RUK we used to get so many people call up about this issue and the thumb grips coming away, in the 3 years i was there I dont think I paid for any of them! RUK dont believe its an issue.