ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher

RB 182
Ah tis here :) there was a post a few weeks back about this kit...

Would be nice to know if any packages are offered with this.

db

db detailing™
Yeah I was wondering about the backing plates and pads.
Anyone know if they use the ones as per the PC or UDM?

db

db detailing™
Just been told this:
"As far as we know it comes with a 5” backing plate which fits all the DAS, SFX, Meguiars etc pads. It’s not actually the UK version of the UDM as it’s the Meguiars version but it is the same thing, if that makes sense!?"

Any more views guys?

RB 182
Had a similar message:

As far as we know it is very similar to the UDM but with the Meguiars branding, rumour has it that they both come from the same factory and there is barely any difference between them. At the moment the machine does not come with any pads but you can use any of the DAS, SFX, Meguiars etc pads with it. We have been having a think about a complete kit but we’re not sure on the specifics yet.
If you have any more questions please feel free to e-mail or you can reach us on 01484 841 444.

Looking at the Megs forum, they are made from the same factory but with a few tiny changes... I'm not too bothered tbh, just wish the UDM was released a bit sooner... It has been in the pipe line for some time and Megs have pulled this one out of the bag and spot on timing IMO. Good crimbo stocking filler :star:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think meg's will struggle to convert PC users. Next step for me will be a makita

106 GTi
Ideal choice for those that don't have one at the moment though.

Indeed - Doubt PC users would go over to having one.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm definitely not going to bother, like Ali I would probably step up to a more "serious" polisher next time, but PC is perfectly good to be getting on with for sure.

visualize whirled pe
If I had a £150 to spare on a polisher I would be interested.

Like Rich says guy's who don't already own a polisher will want one or those who cba importing a PC who then have to buy a transformer and lengthen the power cable, all at extra expense, money that could be spent on products.

106 GTi
If they can do a good price for it with a range of pads, doubt there will be any reason to have to import a US spec machine anymore.

Mito Sportiva 135
^ Hell yeah! To be honest it was mainly the thought of having to have to fork out for a whopping transformer that put me off the PC for so long. It is also a bit of a hassle having to store it in the garage and lug it around if I am working somewhere.

Life would be much easier without it, but the PC is still a serious piece of kit. Original and best and all that jazz... :cool:

If cleanyourcar could do me a deal on the G220 when buying their Menzerna intensive polish and finishing polish package in preparation for Christmas, they'd have my order :)

db

db detailing™
^^ They'd defos have my order if they did some sort of deal with pads/polish etc like the other packages on the site.

Well I'd want...

G220
Menzerna Intensive and Polishing bottles (don't know whether I'd need 1l or 250mls, unsure how long they last)
2x cutting pads in 5"
2x polishing pads in 5"
2x cutting pads in 4"
2x polishing pads in 4"
1 4" backing plate

I think the above is a good base, bearing in mind that I already possess megs gold class, clay, wash mitt, genuine chamois, water magnet, SRP, AGP, P21S, Megs #16 and microfibres.

If they could do something reasonably financially efficient (i.e. a deal!) on that then I'd order asap.

James.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
If you buy one of these Darren do you think if I payed ya you could do mine at some point in Early 2008?

Do wanna get one myself but could turn out to be very expensive with all the pads and products!!

Andy

RB 182
^^ They'd defos have my order if they did some sort of deal with pads/polish etc like the other packages on the site.

Already asked and they said no :( I'm sure with a few people on a list, we could make them change their minds...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cheers Fella,

Get a Few of us and get the Cars all cleaned up and actually get some Good pics tp Rep the EA Area, We have a nice amount of cars but we are all just Shite photographers LOL

Andy