ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguiars - advice please

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Right im not stupid i know how to wash a car etc - i have acumilated a lot of autoglym and meguiars polish and wax and other things over the last 5 years.

However im now lost with the tec wax - gold class polish, clay bar, putty wax etc

i have meguiars stage 2 & 3 and the carbaura (spelling) wax, but im now getting puzzled in what i should be using and in what order!!

Please help - washed the car last night popped it in the garage and want to take up where i left off tonight!

Pete

106 GTi

1- Wash
2 -Clay
3- Megs Stage 1 Paint Cleaner
4- Megs Stage 2 Polish
5 -Nxt Wax.
6- Megs Stage 3 Carnuba Wax If you want to.

You wont need the gold class wax.

Myself I would, Wash, Clay, Stage 1 Paint Clean, Autoglym Super resin and then Nxt Wax x2, 24 hours between each coat.

Remapped derv Golf

I find stage 2 gives better results than Autoglym S/R on my mondial blue but of my friends grey A3 S/R gives the better results.

106 GTi

Stage 2 gives good look, but it has no real polishing power.

PJVTS - I clay once or twice a year. Normally just in the spring to be honest.

NXT is your sealant to seals in the shine from the polish and to protects.

You either need to wax or seal after polishing, unless you use all in one polish that does both - polishes and waxes/seals, such as Ag Super Resin or Meguiars Gold Class.