ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26

LY R26
got my 5yr service end of the year too expensive times!

how much are the arch liners roughly? both my rears are shot :(

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Makes sense to do the rods on the cambelt change , i had a little think about it myself before i took mine to birchdown , but the cost would also need a clutch and smf , and we all know the problems with the flywheel and light , but paul could also sort the dash light

so it was 500 pound vs 2000+ pound , was well over my budget

M135i and the shed
got my 5yr service end of the year too expensive times!

how much are the arch liners roughly? both my rears are shot :(

Arch Liners are £27 (OSR) and £28.50 (NSR) from Ads. Not cheap considering they're just crappy plastic.

M135i and the shed
Makes sense to do the rods on the cambelt change , i had a little think about it myself before i took mine to birchdown , but the cost would also need a clutch and smf , and we all know the problems with the flywheel and light , but paul could also sort the dash light

so it was 500 pound vs 2000+ pound , was well over my budget

Well I think I'm just going to park the idea of the rod-change for now. I think a 5 year service, cambelt, front end re-fresh and all new fluids is probably enough for now!

I like the idea of having the rods done but at the moment I don't have any immediate plans to take it higher than the 275/300 it's already got so think I'll wait till I've got bigger injectors and Sports Cat in so I can actually push it upto 300/300.

I'm the same chris, i'm sorting a sport cat and injectors then doing the other bits. makes sense to get the foundations sorted rather than stress the crap out of the poor thing.

M135i and the shed
So, the cars in today for it's 5 year service, front end refresh, MOT and spa day experience at Birchdown.

It's technically not 5 years old till January 2013 but I'd got fed up of trudging down to Birchdown in the snow and crap so i've bitten the bullet and brought it forward 4 months. This winter, it shall not see salt, of that i'm determined.

So by the end of tomorrow I expect to be significantly poorer but have a Meg ready to face the next 5 years (of sitting in the garage ;) ). Having said that, Birchdown are doing a cracking price for all the work which somewhat softens the blow. :)

As a bonus, i've got their little Clio as a loan car till tomorrow. I'm gutted that it's stereo is better than my uprated R26 one! :D

M135i and the shed
End of an era today gents. This afternoon my R26 was sold to a very nice gent from Cumbria.

Some of you will know him as the man, myth and legend that is Scutch.

He'll be on here soon enough i'd have thought but in the meantime enjoy him dude. Sad to see him go (the car, not Neil!). :yes:

Guess this is where the blog ends so cheers to anyone who bothered to read it. :)

BMW M5 & E36
That's quite a shock having just read your previous post about the 5yr service etc! What made your mind up in the end?

Lotus Elise
End of an era today gents. This afternoon my R26 was sold to a very nice gent from Cumbria.

Some of you will know him as the man, myth and legend that is Scutch.

He'll be on here soon enough i'd have thought but in the meantime enjoy him dude. Sad to see him go (the car, not Neil!). :yes:

Guess this is where the blog ends so cheers to anyone who bothered to read it. :)

Sorry to hear it, this thread was a great read.

What car you moving onto?

M135i and the shed
Lack of use and a feeling I'd taken it as far as I wanted to. Great car but time to move on.

Thinking M Coupe, S2000 or a V6 maybe? Fancy RWD and the M Coupe is winning currently.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Where abouts in cumbria is it heading? May need to keep an eye out...

edit missed the part saying scutch has bought it!

Last edited:
  M135i and the shed
Feck knows. Think Scutch is up near Carlisle. Cleator Moor? :)

He'd best keep it bloody clean otherwise i'll be re-taking custody! :D

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Feck knows. Think Scutch is up near Carlisle. Cleator Moor? :)

He'd best keep it bloody clean otherwise i'll be re-taking custody! :D

Yeah just down the road from me! No doubt it will be kept mint!