ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26

340i
That's a whole new level of anthracite.

Hats off to you Sir, I think you will of started a new trend here.... ;)

M135i and the shed
That's a whole new level of anthracite.

Hats off to you Sir, I think you will of started a new trend here.... ;)

Ha, it amuses me how random my mind works. Owns R26 anthracite wheels, sells and buys black R26R wheels, has R26R wheels refurbed black, ruins them and has them refurbed anthracite. Almost full circle.

I should just make my bloody mind up really! ;)

340i
Ha, it amuses me how random my mind works. Owns R26 anthracite wheels, sells and buys black R26R wheels, has R26R wheels refurbed black, ruins them and has them refurbed anthracite. Almost full circle.

I should just make my bloody mind up really! ;)

Youll have them black again next year ;) ha.

Are they a different shade of anthracite to oe r26 wheels?

M135i and the shed
Youll have them black again next year ;) ha.

Are they a different shade of anthracite to oe r26 wheels?

Yeah they're darker than the standard R26 shade I think. Need a side-by-side comparison but pretty sure they're darker.

I'm pretty certain I'll not go back to black. Been there, done that, time for something different. :)

BMW M5 & E36
That's brilliant, really sets the wheels off compared to the black.

I'd be interested to see a colour comparison against a normal antracite wheel for future refurb purposes :).

172 Cup
To be honest with you...that looks f*cking stunning :) every single time i see your car i want an r26! damn you lol.

M135i and the shed
Cheers for the comments. Will try and see how they compare to the oem anthracite colour at some point. :)

M135i and the shed
Wheels look great :)

Did you get my PM on Meganesport?

Sorry, yeah I did. I'll replay as soon as I get back online properly. In the meantime, I also provided Whiteley and Corey with the carpet details so i'm sure one of them could forward it to you. :)

M135i and the shed
look like my brothers laguna gt line wheels!
awesome looking motor chris!

Same wheels as those fitted to some of the Laguna Coupes if i'm not mistaken; they just bluff all the R26R owners and pretend they're special. ;) Special or not, I do think they suit the Meg well.

I originally priced them up off the Laguna but they were more expensive in silver for the Laguna than they were in black for the R26R. Go figure.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Superb. Great choice on the wheels.

I need some TPI bolts now. :eek:

Let me know next time you're taking it out and I'll meet you somewhere.

M135i and the shed
Superb. Great choice on the wheels.

I need some TPI bolts now. :eek:

Let me know next time you're taking it out and I'll meet you somewhere.

Indeed. The bolts finish it off a treat and would look great on yours.

We need a little UR photo-shoot definately but the 'new girl' might just show up my old tank in the concourse stakes! :)

M135i and the shed
Ok so a bit of an update seeming as I've been a bit distracted of late. I've recently lost the enthusiasm for messing about with the car and have decided to spend a bit of time getting back to the same sort of condition as when I bought it. Those of you who've seen the car in the flesh will know it's pretty clean but it's 5 years old in January 2013 and seeming as as it doesn't go far in the winter I want to get the 5 year service and a full refresh done before I put it away this winter.

So in anticipation I tapped Ads up for the following bits.

A new pair of rear arch liners. Mine have a chip at the bottom on both sides so decided just to get some fresh ones. In addition I'll be having all the arch liners out to get them scrubbed down, detailed and sealed so decided to buy a few boxes of fresh arch liner plugs.

IMG_20120806_164203.jpg

IMG_20120806_164700.jpg

I'm having all the front end apart and refreshing as much as is practical. On that basis a new set of genuine inner track rod ends.

IMG_20120806_164220.jpg

On the same theme, a pair of new anti-twist links were also ordered.

IMG_20120806_164319.jpg

The collection wouldn't be complete without a set of outer track rod ends and a fresh set of drop links which I'm awaiting delivery of.

IMG_20120806_164243.jpg

In addition to that, the B pillar trims have been a bit grotty since I got the car so I ordered a fresh set of those.

IMG_20120806_164748.jpg

Finally for today, the bumper will be off for a bit of a front end detail so i've got a fresh load of bumper clips to keep to fit on replacement. Most expensive box of clips ever.

IMG_20120806_164622.jpg

Alot of people won't understand me replacing this little lot but the 5 year point has always been a key overhaul point on all my cars and I've always been one to maintain things to keep them in top shape rather than just replacing stuff when it's broken. Also my OCD side will love the fact the car will be freshly serviced, cam belted, front end refreshed and mint when it goes away for the winter.

Cheers to Ads for some top prices. T-Shirt in with my Drop Links? ;)

225 Cup & Williams
That's OCD alright lol will look a lot better with bits like that replaced. How much were the tre's and inner tre's? I'm needing both sides for my cup.

340i
I'll be overhauling my front suspension and steering components over winter... Will the prices make me cry? ;)

M135i and the shed
That's OCD alright lol will look a lot better with bits like that replaced. How much were the tre's and inner tre's? I'm needing both sides for my cup.

Bloody diabolical cost mate. £42 inner, £42 outer each side If I recall..............................

Ads did me some top prices but still a fair wedge. :)

225 Cup & Williams
Bloody diabolical cost mate. £42 inner, £42 outer each side If I recall..............................

Ads did me some top prices but still a fair wedge. :)

FFS I hate Renault for stuff like that. I'll probs be ordering it all from ads too. Would you recommend replacing those anti twist links? My cup is 6 years old now.

M135i and the shed
FFS I hate Renault for stuff like that. I'll probs be ordering it all from ads too. Would you recommend replacing those anti twist links? My cup is 6 years old now.

Yeah probably. Those and the drop links get pretty tired so might be worth just biting the bullet if you intend to keep the car? :)

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah probably. Those and the drop links get pretty tired so might be worth just biting the bullet if you intend to keep the car? :)

Yeah this one is a keeper so I'll most likely replace all that just hate paying Renault prices for minimal parts.

M135i and the shed
So I'm currently pondering over the next step with the car. It's due it's 5 year service in January 2013 but I'm thinking of bringing it forward and doing it all before the winter. RS Tuning are currently offering up a Manley Con-Rod upgrade which I could get done at the same time as the cambelt service. I don't intend to take the car above 300/300 in terms of output but having the bottom end strengthened would give me some peace of mind in the long term, especailly with the rods being a bit notorious.

Now seems the most economical time as I'll save a little by combining it with the cambelt service but it's still a reasonable amount of wedge for what is essentially a durability upgrade rather than a performance one.

Thoughts people?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm in the same position with the 5 year service due in December.

How much is the con rod upgrade? All depends on how long you see yourself keeping the car really.

M135i and the shed
It's going to be with me for some time so I think it's worth it but then it is £1350 for the Manley rod upgrade. Add that to the cost to fit all the new linkages/TRE's, an MOT, a 5 year service, a full change of all the fluids and a bit of dyno time and the bill is quickly north of £2k.

Worth it in the long-run but it's still a big number! :)

225 Cup & Williams
It's going to be with me for some time so I think it's worth it but then it is £1350 for the Manley rod upgrade. Add that to the cost to fit all the new linkages/TRE's, an MOT, a 5 year service, a full change of all the fluids and a bit of dyno time and the bill is quickly north of £2k.

Worth it in the long-run but it's still a big number! :)

You booked in to have it done? I'm sorely tempted not just to get more power but puts my mind at rest that there is no risk of the rods failing like the standard items.