ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane r26 piston heads why so cheap ??

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Liquid yellow R27
Are the gearboxs as bad as clios ? with the clutch on these whats the best way to check them any other pointers ? what do you guys think the top colours to get are :)

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  225 Cup & Williams
Are the gearboxs as bad as clios ? with the clutch on these whats the best way to check them any other pointers ? what do you guys think the top colours to get are :)

Gearboxes are fine so are the clutches it's more the flywheels that seem to give up especially after a remap. Swivel hub bearings are prone to seizing too causing the steering not to self centre.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  225 Cup & Williams
Easiest way to tell if the bearings are seized is to turn the steering wheel when the car is stationary and if it doesn't return to centre on its own the bearings are seized. Can be an expensive fix depending on where you get it done.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Liquid yellow R27
Easiest way to tell if the bearings are seized is to turn the steering wheel when the car is stationary and if it doesn't return to centre on its own the bearings are seized. Can be an expensive fix depending on where you get it done.

no cars steering goes to the centre on its own does it :s

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Liquid yellow R27
the front lights on the meganes like the 197 some headlights are darker like tinted and some are just clear ?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
oh dear best way to test the steering is a roundabout does it come back to the centre or not. or do you have to return it.
turbos are reliable. black headlights are xenons.
the car is priced correctly i think they can be hard to sell. but no mention of belts.
also has a arm rest.
make sure the clutch doesnt slip

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Mine pulls to the left !! Does that mean the bearings are gone on the left side !! What's the exact part called that I will need !! Seems to pull whenever I am driving it !! Is it a main dealer part ? Or places like gsf , gmf sell it !! Thanks

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nick ill have a drive if you want me too.
you need special tools to take them apart. And renault only part.
but people sell the bearings seperatly

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah no probs if ever your in glos drop us a text on 07977772777 , or if I get chan I will bring it to you !! Will be good for someone who knows what they are on about to have a good look over the car , it is quite annoying as when I drive it it really drags to the left towards the kerb !!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  225 Cup & Williams
oh dear best way to test the steering is a roundabout does it come back to the centre or not. or do you have to return it.
turbos are reliable. black headlights are xenons.
the car is priced correctly i think they can be hard to sell. but no mention of belts.
also has a arm rest.
make sure the clutch doesnt slip

2 ways to do it then. I was told by quite a few on ms.net to do it the way I mentioned and believe it or not it worked and my bearings were shot.

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just contacted that Aaron's autos and they said it is £90 if you send the hub in , or £140 to do the job if you take the car to them with a 12 month warranty , does that seem a good price , worth getting Both,sides done ?