ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 175 Dci

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
KSwap it.
It’s now with @dann2707

the last time I saw it
C1585864-1C01-4C1F-892D-D6BFFF7E1B0D.jpeg

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Current contender - non lux is it? is it cup or not? how can you tell?

Not got grey mirrors for a start. Fabric
Upholstery. No centre cap diamonds. No climate. Pretty shite advert write up!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
And 17" wheels🤮

Right, anyway. Suck all of your mother's c***s🤣

I've owned my 175 for 3 years, in that 3 years I've practically rebuilt most of it and I'm still not finished. Sash has had hers longer than me and she has literally rebuilt hers, including the engine🤣 Seems a common theme with black ones...

Mine is a Cup and LUX 5 door, pretty rare and was used a press car for multiple mags. Mine didn't need everything replacing, but I always think "whilst I'm in there I might as well replace X or upgrade Y". I've got it to the point where it actually drives better than they do new, the chassis is way more capable than the engine though. They're not that great on fuel, mine does about 40mpg average (I drive like a proper tuna canoe) but I've seen mapped ones see 50mpg. Common things to go are EGR's, diverter valves, swivel hubs, window regulators and turbos. If you go to look at one check the turbo as this is the condition of mine🤣

1556175715848.png

I can't believe you've ready thread and not been horrified🤣🤣🤣

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
And 17" wheels🤮

Right, anyway. Suck all of your mother's c***s🤣

I've owned my 175 for 3 years, in that 3 years I've practically rebuilt most of it and I'm still not finished. Sash has had hers longer than me and she has literally rebuilt hers, including the engine🤣 Seems a common theme with black ones...

Mine is a Cup and LUX 5 door, pretty rare and was used a press car for multiple mags. Mine didn't need everything replacing, but I always think "whilst I'm in there I might as well replace X or upgrade Y". I've got it to the point where it actually drives better than they do new, the chassis is way more capable than the engine though. They're not that great on fuel, mine does about 40mpg average (I drive like a proper tuna canoe) but I've seen mapped ones see 50mpg. Common things to go are EGR's, diverter valves, swivel hubs, window regulators and turbos. If you go to look at one check the turbo as this is the condition of mine🤣

View attachment 1567057

I can't believe you've ready thread and not been horrified🤣🤣🤣
Mine will do 45mpg all day long driving it flat out as much as possible. I did a convoy to CSF once and got 74mpg 🤣

a full tank will see me to a track, a full day oN track and home with still 1/4 tank 🤣

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
@Poo’thologist are you referring to that silver DCI with 17” wheels??

thanks for your sharing your experience - I’m a bit of a tinker too when it comes to cars and even though this will be a daily, I probably won’t leave it alone lol

I have a 2014 Stage 3 S3 otherwise which I’m currently dallying. It’s a phenomenal car but In my current job I’ll be dallying 50 miles a day and last year it was 70 so it’s time to park it up and see how I get on with running two cars

F0104952-1B94-4DB7-8D65-8885A5475CB1.jpeg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
@Poo’thologist are you referring to that silver DCI with 17” wheels??

thanks for your sharing your experience - I’m a bit of a tinker too when it comes to cars and even though this will be a daily, I probably won’t leave it alone lol

I have a 2014 Stage 3 S3 otherwise which I’m currently dallying. It’s a phenomenal car but In my current job I’ll be dallying 50 miles a day and last year it was 70 so it’s time to park it up and see how I get on with running two cars

View attachment 1567181
17" wheels on any of them, I think it was the silver one yeah. They look so lost on a Mégane

It sounds daft but if you can find a Mégane MK3 GT with the 2.0 dCi or even a Laguna MK3 GT then I'd go for those. The seats in them are ultra comfy for daily driving, they're still as quick and aren't too s**t around bends if you want to throw them around. Parts for them are far cheaper, they're newer and a but more refined compared to the MK2

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Nah

Phase 1 are 18" 182 style alloys
Phase 2 came with 17" 197 wheels for the povvo spec ones
Phase 2 18" 'Cup/F1' spec wheels
175 came on 17 or 18, 18" were a factory extra for cup models

Here's a pic of my dCi 2 days after it was landed in the UK🤣 Mine was spec'd with Cup and LUX pack plus xenon's and a cabasse plus CD changer. Red Brembos mean nowt apparently, mine has the 18" wheels, rarb and anthracite wheels+mirrors

Yes I'm a pervert, no I won't stop

car_photo_220819.jpg
car_photo_221010.jpg
car_photo_220817.jpg

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Mine has 18’s on it too. Got a spare set for track tyres too.
Yes, they weigh a tonne!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
  2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Got sent this by the owner. Read someone on here about extra details from this sticker, any more you can tell?

Thanks

240E2C59-11BF-4E67-84F5-961DE2C6CADE.png

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If it's a pano roof car it wont have CUP pack as it was either one or the other. And tbh you can fit all the cup stuff, it's only dampers, rarb and springs that make up for the biggest difference, the rest is cosmetic

Need the VIN for anything else afaik

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Not so worried about CUP pack to be honest as stuff like that can be fitted aftermarket but end of the day, thats not what I am buying the car for

It having a pano roof is an extreme bonus imo - pity its a diesel :ROFLMAO:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Not so worried about CUP pack to be honest as stuff like that can be fitted aftermarket but end of the day, thats not what I am buying the car for

It having a pano roof is an extreme bonus imo - pity its a diesel :ROFLMAO:
Tbh you're not missing much with the cup pack as it's far simpler to bolt on some shockers, springs and an R26 rear beam, the only thing you'll be missing is the variable assistance power steering. The LUX pack is harder as keyless entry and start has to be coded to the UCH as well as fitting all the gubbins 😂 Try to get a LUX packed one as the s**t spec ones are just terrible

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Right, this lad isn't responding to emails and at this stage if I ring the number, will make me look desperate. Will give it a couple of days and see if he responds then give him a call - ready to go over and see it from Belfast if the next communication is good!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Just ring, I avoid emailing like the plague unless it needs proper info or an attachment in there that you can't explain over the phone

Ringing someone shows you're not a messer

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Given up on that guy sadly, his lack of communication does inspire confidence - found another one in black with reasonable miles, needs some TLC and the owner seems dead on and honest. Hopefully make a decision soon.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
@hopgop1 thanks very much so just to clarify, what does that mean over a normal LUX?
Or even better, what does the car have being a LUX CUP over stock?