ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 175 Dci

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if this is the correct place, so mods feel free to move.

I want to know what are the differences between a CUP and non cup version. Is it just springs and dampers? How can you spot a CUP over a non, is it just red Brembos? I can't seem to find my concrete evidence from searching around, so any help would be great.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
It mirrors lots of parts straight across from the R26. But with the diesel lump being heavier than the petrol, I believe the springs/shocks are a different rate

Could be worth a call to RPD as I’m sure they’ll be able to tell you plus they list 175 parts separately online..

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
What i was worried about is if it had different hubs or anything compared to a non CUP. If it's just shocks and springs then you can bolt them to the normal car im assuming and it will be fine.

I found this on Wiki, which is the best i have found so far:

The Cup Chassis option (available for dCi 175 Lux) includes tire pressure monitor deletion, 18-inch anthracite alloy wheels with 225/45R18 Continental SportContact 2 tires, retuned dampers and spring rates, disconnectable ESP and anthracite coloured door mirror housings.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
From my understanding it’s these options;

CUP Pack

- Cup shocks
- Cup springs
- Anthracite mirrors, wheels and door handles

LUX Pack

- Leather interior
- Leather armrest
- Keyless entry and keyless start
- Dimming rearview mirror (07 onwards)

Not sure if there was anything else, mines a dCi 175, 5 door in Ultra Red with CUP and LUX. Pretty much every option ticked so it’s like rocking horse s**t in terms of a Megane. I always thought they came standard with red Brembo’s but I found out earlier that mine have been painted and painted shockingly!

Here's the wife's 58 plate 5 door 175 dCi

Cup and Lux packed and unlike most has the 6 disc changer in the dash and not the storage thing. Leather and armrest / auto dim etc. 18's are a must IMO. Great car.

I know when it needed a front spring changing they are red dot versions and the rears are marked Eibach everywhere.

20181102_210643.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Would we say this is a CUP model? I know it has black mirrors, but looks like it has the right door handles?

s-l1600.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Also, turn off the traction control and drive over 30mph. Non-Cups traction control comes back on after 30mph.

When I bought my 175 I was told that it made it a lot easier on the dyno as he could go balls to the wall without traction control kicking in. f**k knows what difference it makes on a dyno unless it was coated in butter

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Seems to be impossible to find one, i only know of two others for sale. One here and another silver one on eBay and that's it. Do you know of any?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it looked rough as f**king sin from the MOT history, failed pretty much every year for something non-minor

Also stated an oil leak for the last 2/3 MOT’s, would have stayed at home if I were you Rojer[emoji23]

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Went and saw this one, wasn't worth 3k. Needed rear tyres and brakes, bodywork was above average, drivers seat was starting to collapse. I found a nice 182 so i have lined that up for tomorrow.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-...-000-MILES-FSH-SIMPLY-IMMACULATE/302812171044

That’s my old one. I put 25k on in 18 months. The guy who bought it off me lied and said he was buying it for a “brother in law” to commute to up north in.

I was happy to let it go for £1200 given its condition and then it was on eBay the next day in “immaculate” condition haha.

To be fair I replaced the front and rear disc/pads, regular oil services, glow plugs and aux belt (as it’s a chain driven one) and replaced all the springs as they snapped/broke at various points in my ownership (potholes).

Chris at BeanieSport helped look after it and it’s MOT history isn’t that bad, there’s certainly worse.

But it’s far from perfect and definitley overpriced as he bought it from me in July and it’s still for Sale!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
But for £3k you don’t want a 10 year old car that’s been bought purely for profit that doesn’t have any MOT. That just shows the owner has no faith in it selling anytime soon and that it will more than likely have a bent as Louis Spence MOT on it next

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
That’s my old one. I put 25k on in 18 months. The guy who bought it off me lied and said he was buying it for a “brother in law” to commute to up north in.

I was happy to let it go for £1200 given its condition and then it was on eBay the next day in “immaculate” condition haha.

To be fair I replaced the front and rear disc/pads, regular oil services, glow plugs and aux belt (as it’s a chain driven one) and replaced all the springs as they snapped/broke at various points in my ownership (potholes).

Chris at BeanieSport helped look after it and it’s MOT history isn’t that bad, there’s certainly worse.

But it’s far from perfect and definitley overpriced as he bought it from me in July and it’s still for Sale!

Very interesting! Did you part EX it for something from him because that was the story I got.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Only in red, tbh I would be looking at that black one. Looks good for the money.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Very interesting! Did you part EX it for something from him because that was the story I got.

No, just put it on eBay for what I genuinely thought it was worth given its condition and wanted it off my drive as already had the replacement so ideally needed a “quick-ish” sale.

Can’t stand car salesman BS tbh!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest my first impression of him was this guys a c**k and seems I wasn’t wrong! Kept telling me how everything worked and took me out for a spin and drove it like he stole it. If it was 2k I would of been interested! Let’s hope the Clio tomorrow is better.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Jumping on this thread, been a long time since I last posted and hoping to get back behind the wheel of a renault again soon.

I am after a "fun" daily so I can park up my Audi S3 and nothing else comes to mind which is practical, economical and good looking than the DCI175

Any current owners on the site?

I literally have trawled every forum, platform and papers looking for one so I know roughly everyone for sale currently.

Let me know what's out there, thanks :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Jumping on this thread, been a long time since I last posted and hoping to get back behind the wheel of a renault again soon.

I am after a "fun" daily so I can park up my Audi S3 and nothing else comes to mind which is practical, economical and good looking than the DCI175

Any current owners on the site?

I literally have trawled every forum, platform and papers looking for one so I know roughly everyone for sale currently.

Let me know what's out there, thanks :)
@Poo’thologist @Sash @Scrooge