ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meet Evie ;)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Holy s**t.

f**k. That.
Lol. It's actually a lot easier to get used to than you'd think. It does take a while to get used to not having your hand on the steering wheel and using your feet.
It will come to a complete stop in the lane you're in if the car in front stops so does take a little bit of confidence in the car to get used to it.

Tesla also uses GPS or similar so if one car drives down a certain road, it will send all the info to every other Tesla which helps the car know the roads.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Lol. It's actually a lot easier to get used to than you'd think. It does take a while to get used to not having your hand on the steering wheel and using your feet.
It will come to a complete stop in the lane you're in if the car in front stops so does take a little bit of confidence in the car to get used to it.

Tesla also uses GPS or similar so if one car drives down a certain road, it will send all the info to every other Tesla which helps the car know the roads.
Thats flipping incredible, changes lanes though? Honestly? Can I come out in it?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Thats flipping incredible, changes lanes though? Honestly? Can I come out in it?
Of course you can.
You can drive it if you want. Just bring your big boy pants.

The lane change is weird. It does it very quickly and is a bit un-nerving but the car has like 20 cameras so you have to let it do its thing.

Summon is pretty cool too. I can move it around without being anywhere near the car using my phone.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I’m a bad enough passenger with a people driving. I think I’d have a panic attack if I let a car drive for me lol.

That said, I’d love to experience it. Once.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
We have free charge points at work and allocated 'premium' parking spaces. Consequently, volume of electric cars has ballooned - a few have opted for Teslas. I'm sure it's a nice car, but I couldn't buy one because of the looks and styling. Interested to see long term residuals and repair costs.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
We have free charge points at work and allocated 'premium' parking spaces. Consequently, volume of electric cars has ballooned - a few have opted for Teslas. I'm sure it's a nice car, but I couldn't buy one because of the looks and styling. Interested to see long term residuals and repair costs.
That's where it gets interesting.
The cheapest Tesla on AT right now is £40k which is a 2014 Model S 60 with 50k miles so i'd say mine would be about £45k atleast if it was comparable.
£30k over 3 years is a lot but I won't be anywhere near those sort of miles and mine has a lot more tech compared to the 60 version.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Regarding charging, where do you charge your car? I see how charging at your place of employment works, 8-11 hours standing (esp if free) - but if you don't have that option is it an inconvenient process?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Regarding charging, where do you charge your car? I see how charging at your place of employment works, 8-11 hours standing (esp if free) - but if you don't have that option is it an inconvenient process?
At home or any of the public chargers. Superchargers are free for me so a 45 minute stop gives me a full battery or I just charge it over night at home every 3 days or so.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
At home or any of the public chargers. Superchargers are free for me so a 45 minute stop gives me a full battery or I just charge it over night at home every 3 days or so.
Sounds overly convenient :unamused:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Come on over. This is what this car is all about. Showing others what it's capable of.

Next time I’m down south I’ll let you know. I’ll get ant to taxi me over :smiley:

Is that a perk of the job or a perk/incentive of owning a Tesla?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
It's from tesla. Anyone who used a referral code from a previous customer got free supercharging for life.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Wheels looked s**t in silver, this is only temporary until I can find someone stupid enough to swap them for their 21" turbines.
The 21" turbines really make the car imho, it was deffo designed to go on them!! I love them, but being right handed, using a screen that big would be a nightmare. Make more sense in LHD for me - so i clearly need to move to Santa Monica like my bro :up:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Shame about the warning coming on (you have to touch the wheel every few minutes when using autopilot) but you can sort of see the car changing lanes.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love it Rich. They are very impressive cars and Musk won't stop until Tesla takes over... And they will.

The autopilot thing imo is the main aim for cars like this. It's the future and will be as far as I can see, to have it in this country already is scary.

s**t colour and s**t wheels but winning!

Oh and worst you tube video ever made.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
What would happen if you didn't touch the wheel on autopilot and decided to have a nap? Would it pull over safely?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
What would happen if you didn't touch the wheel on autopilot and decided to have a nap? Would it pull over safely?
I don't know. It does make you touch the wheel every now and then but I assume it would just keep going. I'll let someone else try lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I don't know. It does make you touch the wheel every now and then but I assume it would just keep going. I'll let someone else try lol

Don't go to sleep the first time but try it, be interesting to find out.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
What’s this video about? Did you post it here, or were you trying to do a serious car review?

No that was just something between me and scrooge. Just wanted to see how hard it was talking to a camera.

Although strangely the only person who I sent it to was Ant but it's been viewed 103 times!! Maybe @Scrooge Just can't stop watching it?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
See, Tesla really have moved things on. I love how all the mainstream manufacturers have pussyfooted around making either the same old s**t with electric motors shoehorned into them, or just completely wacky cars that look embarassing to own. Tesla fucked off all the conventions, didn't copy anyone, just did everything from a fairly clean slate, and did it well. And they made it look fairly respectable too, not OMGWOWZLOOKATMEINMYELECTRICCAR.

Tesla are doing singlehandedly more than everybody else has ever done to promote electric cars. I can't wait for Electric GT to start as it'll kick the absolute arse out of that joke which is Formula E.

Good work sir, I look forward to seeing updates!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
It's the little things like this that make it such a nice thing to own. No other manufacturer does anything like this that works so seamlessly.
Screenshot_20171111-220739.jpg