ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP 13" Vs 15" - Which Would You Go For!?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yo Yo Yo!!!!

Im after a MBP (because I'm ace ha).

I just can't decide whether to get the 13" or 15" MBP.

Because I have a work laptop I'll be mainly using the MBP for internet surfing, email, word processing, presentations etc (basically the usual stuff - nothing too hardcore).

I'd like the laptop to be portable and I have a 19" monitor i can hook it up to if I want to work from my desk...

Based on the above I'm unsure whether I can justify the extra cost for the 15" MBP. My only concern is that the 13" screen might pee me off after a while...

What would you suggest and why?

Cheers
Alex

2.2 bar shed.
15''. Because ive got one... Its not the most portable thing in the world, but if I want super portability I'd of bought an Air. Get a bottom spec 15'' by the sounds of things.

Monaro VXR
15" because my 13" screen does pee me off. Res is too low.

Plus you get a better GPU and better CPU in the 15". So well worth the extra cash. i5 > Core 2 Duo.

I would go 15" with high res screen personally.

DCi 100
My personal choice/plan is to get a 13" so I can easily stick it in my back pack etc. All I have to do now is hit my targets and I'm getting one!

By the sounds of it you'll enjoy the size of the 15". Just leaving it down the side of the sofa etc.

DB.

BMW 440i
I have a 13", although nice and portable, the 15" would have been nicer, especially when watching Youtube vids, bbc iplayer, itv player etc.

I bought a MB rather than a MBP though, so the jump in costs was too much at the time.

LY 182
It really does come down to your preference between portability and a bigger / better res screen.

I have the base spec 13" and love it. There's quite a few times when the extra screen would be nice, but it's never a major pain. Added to the fact that I plan on getting an iMac at some point it's the most ideal for me really.

As suggested, go to the Apple store and see how you get on with both.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
15"

I had a 13" for 3 years, and it was brilliant, loved it. But since upgrading to 15" its so much nicer to use a larger screen.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I opted for the 13" MBP and love it. Easily portable and the screen size isn't a problem for your planned usage.