ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the MBP 13" too small for a desktop replacement?

FN2 Type R GT
do apples automatically update to a new os x? so when lion comes out it would update for free, or is it like windows vista to 7 where people pay to upgrade?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
do apples automatically update to a new os x? so when lion comes out it would update for free, or is it like windows vista to 7 where people pay to upgrade?

Macs, not Apples.

OS updates within the same OS are free. New OS versions aren't free.

I'm running OS 10.6.6

The last .6 is due to free updates released throughout the life of 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Lion will be a ~£100 upgrade, or ~£140 if you need a few (3) copies of it for multiple Macs like me.

FN2 Type R GT
Macs, not Apples.

OS updates within the same OS are free. New OS versions aren't free.

I'm running OS 10.6.6

The last .6 is due to free updates released throughout the life of 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Lion will be a ~£100 upgrade, or ~£140 if you need a few (3) copies of it for multiple Macs like me.

I see, so if im looking at buying one for my 21st, mid may is that too early for lion to have been released, i know it says summer but that would usually mean june/july for apple releases doesnt it?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I see, so if im looking at buying one for my 21st, mid may is that too early for lion to have been released, i know it says summer but that would usually mean june/july for apple releases doesnt it?

It'll ship mid to late Summer, probably late July/August time.

Hold out for a revised iMac that comes with Lion as it's OS. That way, you're not buying an iMac, then two months later upgrading it to the new OS at your own cost.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I went to look at the 13" model again at the Apple store (Trafford) last night. TBH its quite a machine and I think I prefer the size of the 13" over the 15" model.

I did notice the resolution difference between the two and on that basis I think I'm going to hold out until next year...

Obviously nobody knows what will change as part of 2012 updates but do you think Apple will be looking to redesign the casing (not that it needs updating as its simply stunning)?

1998 BMW e46 323i
I was hoping, from what I've read, it'd be ~$100, I'll prob hang on to S.L a bit. Need me some CS High Roller wages.