ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maybe a Clio next?

New here, was pointed in this direction by Martyn, did own a liquid yellow and now a black 182.

To cut a long story short, had a golf anniversary sold that and bought a house now on the hunt for a car!

Got a choice off three which I'm tempted by-

Seat leon cupra r
Honda civic type r
Renault Clio 182

After a reliable hot hatch something I can have some fun with and something I can mod a bit!

Got around 3.5k to splash what's your thoughts has anyone owned any off the above ? Voice your opinions if so ;)

Thanks Jason

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's worth noting before you go and buy that the Clio doesn't respond well to engine mods compared to the other 2 you have listed.

£3.5k will buy you a mint 182 though and they are great fun.

Welcome to the club as well.

Thanks for the welcomes.

What are they like to live with as a daily?

Only thing that puts me off is the interior :/

Interior is fine, if a bit cheap and plasticy.

Your budget could probably get you in a car with some recaro's fitted which improved the looks quite significantly.

PH1 Clio 172
I had a Leon Cupra, from mates who had an LCR the 225 is the one to go for as opposed to the 210. Revo do a quality remap if that's your thing.
build quality and noise levels are excellent as is reliability. All mid range turbo but shed loads of torque steer.
I find my 172 more fun to drive with about the same economy.

Interesting, I've read the 225 is one to have !

Do keep looking at a 182 just the idea off something quick and fun is tempting ;)

Which came with the recaro seats :s ?

Still keep looking for one!
What do you think price wise is realistic not planning on spending the original stated price now haha

It's going to be used as a second car / toy ;)