ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Max's 2005 clio 182 daily/track project.

Clio 182 cup
so here i am...new to this renault game.

been a massive vw,audi fan for a good 5 years but getting bored of the whole impractical/stance thing so i took up a offer on my old audi a6 avant...one clio 182 swapped for one audi a6 avant plus £100 his way...DEAL...tho i do still have a few mk1/2 golfs etc for a vw fix...

leaving me with my first french car....clio 182 with both cup packs,air-con,cruise control and electric auto everything.

85k on the clocks
12 months mot
JMS Remap
scorpion rs192 cat back exhaust
high flow cat
panel filter
matched inlet manifold
omp front and rear strut braces.

first impressions are very good actually...very responsive and a good laugh to drive...tbf after poodling about in a battleship audi a6 for a good 6 months anything that doesn't weight 8 tons would be a hoot to drive.

so important pics i guess...(shamelessly stolen from a previous owner) i shall wip out the slr tomorrow and get some more pics as i gave it a little wash earlier..

mx524.jpg

mx534.jpg

mx537.jpg

mx528.jpg

unfortunately nothing stays standard in my ownership...every things gets hit with the lowering stick and come coilovers making it completely undrivable and usually stupid wide wheels and stretched tyres...

plans for this are different tho..

GAZ coilovers
16x8 rota grid drift's with 194-40 togo t1r's for road use
15x? something with slicks or r888's etc for track use
recaro pole position buckets with trs harnesses
drilled and groved front and rear discs with decent pads
uprated engine mounts
full geometry set up to a track spec with camber etc
de-cat
indiction kit
carbon things
re paint the bonnet and front bumper
new clean number plates

comments welcome good and bad..

thanks

1Berg2
Congratulations on your new purchase - looks lovely mate!

I was also previously a member of the chassis-rail scrape gang, albeit in BMW guise.

Then I bought my Clio, remembered how driving a quick, convenient and practical car made life easier and somewhat more enjoyable, discovered lift-off oversteer and became hooked.