ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maximum Induction

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Can anyone recommend the best all included induction kit for my 16v (Scorpion de-cat pipe back exhaust, chip). My K&N 57i is useless and stiffles performance im sure. Thats comin off at the weekend to make way for the original box. Which is more or less unbeatable according to the 16v Tuning Guide on this site. :eek:

I dont really wanna have to mess about making my own extra intake pipe and heat shield, so whats the BEST? :devilish:

However i still want the induction noise but what kit can actually IMPROVE cold air intake and therefore performance? :cry:

I want to know this as well.

A few people say the BMC CDA is the best, but I dont like the idea that everything needed isnt included either.

What about a Pipercross Viper.

Has anyone got the new Viper IK, think its called the Evolution?

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

This is a topic that has relatively little discussion, so people who have bought induction kits please post the pros and cons. Those Cliosport members who really tune their 16v and Williams must have the answer? ;)

Lionel Richie

They dont do the viper for the valver do they???? Only the 19 1.8 16V (different intake i read somewhere)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Must say my BMC CDA is loads better than the K&N i used to have but you have to get an adaptor plate for the throttle body knocked up to allow silicone hose to be attached. And also get silicone hose.

Think Ktec mention Viper is available soon for 16v on their websiteor catalogue. New version does not use carbon fibre which is good or bad!

I just have the original box with a k&n filter element in it. By looking at the way the filter works, it already has a cold air feed down at the bottom of the engine bay so I reckon its pretty efficient anyway. Make sure the connection from the hose coming out of the bottom of the filter box is on tight to the hose that travels down to the bottom of the engine bay and you should be sound. The car had an induction kit on it when i bought it, and I changed back to filter and air box. I could notice the difference straight away. Yes, you lose the induction noise, but I have gained a whistling noise at aound 3000 rpm that makes it sound like a turbo! Like I say, the original filter box system looks to be very efficient anyway, so induction kits are a waste of money.

the original box is alot better with just an element filter in,it stops all the hot air around the bay being sucked in unlike an induction kit,so open any type of air will be sucked in,mostly hot under the bonnet,the original box does the job well it sucks cold from underneath the front,best for power gains,i would personally prefere power than a roar of an induction kit!:D

Im going to put this one to bed, in my own mind at least, when I get my car back on the road. Im going to go for a run with an IK on, then change to the airbox and see what I think.

Mat Brown did 1/4 mile runs with an IK and with the airbox - I think he said that the IK gave a fractionally better time. But Ill bet my bottom euro that out on the road the airbox will give better response at lower revs.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Depends if it is a sealed IK like a Viper or CDA which would not be affected by hot air and act more like a performance airbox.

Only way to prove is to compare a car with the original airbox on or a Viper/CDA, one after the other, on RR maybe.

Revels Mum & Sister

I have a Hill Power Induction Kit. IS much better than the K&N.

However still think the original airbox is one of the best. But I dont want to lose the induction noise I am afriad. So on he stays

;)

clio williams, Ph1 172

My K and N feels good but I had a big cold air feed to it. When I took the feed off the other day my car seems slower now :confused: or is my mind playin tricks on me lol. My car produced 147bhp with the K and N, back box and decat so I doubt it actually reduces power. 10bhp up from standard!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

So does that actually fit on a Clio 2 16v cause a LOT of people think they dont make one for it even though it says so there? :confused:

Hill power Induction kit

nice noise.

nice power.

i didnt lose any power after fitting this. and it certainly sounds nice when reving through powerband!! :D

i also have scorpion exhaust system + decat pipe

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Whats the web address to have a noisey at that induction kit?

Eventually i want the induction kit to have a realistically big improvement on the original air box, but ill probably be waiting a few months, im gonna buy the Viper IK when i can afford it, unless something else emerges! :cool:

More important things like wheels to worry about at the moment anyway. Thanks for the replies, ;).

Viper IK will NOT fit the clio 16v. i chased it up all around the show, brackets and connectors must be made up and even then it is not guarenteed to fit. too much of a risk for £200

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Viper isnt the best because it is sealed as there are OTHER sealed kits out there like the ITG and BMC. Think all of them need some way of attachment to the throttle body to be made. I had to do this with my BMC.

People have been saying that Viper is available from KTEC soon for the 16v so worth asking them. New Viper uses fake carbon fibre strip to look like old Viper. Not sure if this is better or not. If alloy not sure which is a better material, that or carbon fibre to protect element from engine bay heat.

:eek: Matty are you seriously saying that the Vipers that are coming out now are not carbon fibre, but instead something else with a cheap carbon fibre look sticker????

Blimey :(

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Yeah read somewhere, one of the comics like Revs, Max P etc that the EVO (new version) was alloy with a carbon fibre look strip. They could of been wrong though but would have thought they would know the difference.