ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Max Driver Course

Suzuki SV1000S

Guys am thinking of asking my Bird to buy me this for my Birthday.

But is it worth it and does anyone know if it covers every insurance company.

Also has anyone already done it because there is one at £99 and one at £199

http://www.max-driver.comwww.max-driver.com

I believe the course at £99 can take over several months and the £199 is done in a week/day?

And, I think the discount only applies if you insure with Adrian Flux.

307 hdi (powered by derv)

I have done this. It is the IAM test if I am correct. The main reason I did it ws to get some cheaper insurance so when i cam to renewal time this is what happened.

Current insurer at the time direct line was paying £888 w/1 year no claims.

My qoutes w/2 years no claims were:

AIM insurance brokers £880

More than (accpet IAM) £1000+

Footman & James(local insurer & accpet IAM) £1020

Wait for it..........

Direct Line (dont accept IAM) £ 475

I never tried Adrian Flux though. I suppose the saving vary depending on area and car. But even if you dont save insurance money still do the test. It will make you a totally different driver. Whats £99 if its going to save your life and wear and tear on your car.

The IAM test developed from the police training course (ROADCRAFT).

Anything else you need to know let us know.

Shaw

307 hdi (powered by derv)

It isnt a spoof, 100% genuine. The Institute have teamed up with Max Power on this one to try and reduce accidents and deaths in young drivers. My Grandad is involved in promoting this as he is the Chairman for our local group.

they teach u to put big w**k spoilers on. drive around with 14 yr old girls in your car and rave music up as loud as possible with distorting speakers you bought from woolworths

Suzuki SV1000S

well doesnt have to be this particular course. Just that I heard if you do it through Max power it is £50 cheaper than going direct to IAM.

Just was something to help insurance etc really. But if it doesnt then I wont bother. Will ask her for a Rally driving day instead, lol

Cheers guys

The Institue of Advanced Motorists isnt all its crcked up to be TBH. There are far better qulifications to drive safely on a road.

Mark

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by blaze on 31 January 2005

The Institue of Advanced Motorists isnt all its crcked up to be TBH. There are far better qulifications to drive safely on a road.

Mark
And these are??