ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

Put of the whole brand because of a piece of plastic rattling I'd be happy that's the only thing that was wrong with it being a ford

The whole bloody car rattles! Then when they had it for an entire day, they were unable to fix what I managed in 15 mins with some cards.

Add to that the passenger door failing to close properly, which again they have failed to fix. Yeah, it's enough to make me think twice about the next car I order.

The whole bloody car rattles! Then when they had it for an entire day, they were unable to fix what I managed in 15 mins with some cards.

Add to that the passenger door failing to close properly, which again they have failed to fix. Yeah, it's enough to make me think twice about the next car I order.

Tell your dealer to check the warrenty manual ford warrenty changed as of sept 2014 cars registered after have full three year coverage for everything including trim but adjustments etc are different which I can't remember

The door not shutting is usually the weatherstrip the one around the door not aligned right we usual just put a new one on

Plastic trim is crap the quality is so much better in modern fords but plastic and plastic clips are still crap ive never been in a ford that doesn't have a rattle

That's good. To be fair, what's the difference between an ST and a bogo fiesta in a service anyway?

Unless it's a 3 pot it will be the same ammount of oil etc surley?

Your right I can never work it out if anything there easyer except the plugs are different bar that there basically the same

Gave the car it's first propper clean of the year. God I love this colour. Saw a new Focus ST today and the new ST blue isn't a patch on Storm Blue.

17043215025_bcfbd099b8_c.jpg
Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

16855423818_3a3152fc88_c.jpg
Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Your car is Spirit Blue, same as the ST Matt. It looks different at times due to the shape.

@gally Of course it's Spirit Blue! God knows what I was on about there.

I was referring to the new blue they are using on the STs. The same as the normal focus/fiesta dark blue.

It's just not as good as Spirit Blue so god knows why they have taken SB away...

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
I work with some of the Ford quality systems through work and I know they take rattles and squeaks very seriously. I would speak to Ford UK about the service (or lack of!) you have received from the dealer and state that due to their incompetence it has tarred your experience with Ford.

VRS
I got two quotes just:

Bristol Street Ford £206.00
Tempest Ford £124.20

Wonder which to choose lol.

I had mine with Bristol street ford on Wednesday, they quoted £206 so I told them it's ok I will go elsewhere as I was quoted £140 (I made that up) without hesitation he dropped the rate to £145

I went for it as it's a 2 minute walk from my house. Still expensive but it was easy for me with minimal outlay on travel

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Had mine serviced there yesterday, was expensive but had no choice (can't be arsed to explain why)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Halfords 3 bike carrier mate. Was about £45/£50 and does the job!

Although think I'll probably get an estate next time to put the bikes in the back. Less hastle.

Ah I've looked at those, wasnt sure how it would work with the spoiler. Is it easy putting it on and off? Seems secure etc?

Litterally takes under 2 mins to out on. It's super easy.

The pain is the 'out of the box' assembly which was a pain, took me an hour or so to out together.

I've had two full size mountain bikes on it and it's been fine for me. The only issue is the fiesta doesn't have a lip at the bottom of the boot for it to sit on, so slides down abit with the weight, and the lower straps come loose.

I just let it settle after a few miles and re tighten the straps. Fine after that.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Litterally takes under 2 mins to out on. It's super easy.

The pain is the 'out of the box' assembly which was a pain, took me an hour or so to out together.

I've had two full size mountain bikes on it and it's been fine for me. The only issue is the fiesta doesn't have a lip at the bottom of the boot for it to sit on, so slides down abit with the weight, and the lower straps come loose.

I just let it settle after a few miles and re tighten the straps. Fine after that.

I think I'll invest in one! Cheers :)

Gave the car a clean yesterday, and took a couple of quick pictures with the iPhone. Current mileage after 13 months is just over 10K miles.

The car is due to go back in 10 months and current plan is to replace it with the new Mx-5 if there is a good lease deal.

Alternatively, I think I will get another Z4 (with the correct amount of cylinders this time).

17829005240_a6d94fe881_c.jpg
Untitled by Matt Walker, on Flickr

17830425109_5e9038ddc0_c.jpg
Untitled by Matt Walker, on Flickr

Following an unsuccessful meet I tried to organise this weekend, I decided to do the Dales/Buttertubs run myself. Just over 130 miles in all, from Halifax to Buttertubs, via Skipton, Settle, Hawes and Ribblehead. Classic drive out. Fair to say I smashed the ST as soon as I entered the Dales right up until I left it. Achieved 35mpg too despite constant 'good' speeds.

Stopped a few times to grab a few pictures so thought I would post. I have done this run in several cars over the years (Clio 182 - several of them, Mini Cooper S, Golf GTI, Z4) and the Fiesta was by FAR the most capable and fun. The speed it allows you to carry through the bends is something else. Something a mk2 Clio could only dream of tbh. Another bonus of the ST over the Clio is the turbo torque. This made overtaking Sunday drivers easy...

Anyway, enough talking...

18097095501_ccce0ea0ec_c.jpg
IMG_7710 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

17909900109_01f437a9d2_c.jpg
IMG_7711 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

18092698742_7c37ac1637_c.jpg
IMG_7714 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

18097089101_ded3671a82_c.jpg
IMG_7716 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

17909893329_e4bd95cb3a_c.jpg
IMG_7717 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

17908195528_a424ef0feb_c.jpg
IMG_7718 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

18092690882_811785b4ed_c.jpg
IMG_7721 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

17475567743_8a8efb29c4_c.jpg
IMG_7722 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

18096122085_17179d4d66_c.jpg
IMG_7729 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

17475565623_424f3df97e_c.jpg
IMG_7731 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

18069605506_9813f10c30_c.jpg
IMG_7733 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

17909884539_473e75eb01_c.jpg
IMG_7734 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

17473513054_d3301d2525_c.jpg
IMG_7735 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

18092683022_5f3bbb16c5_c.jpg
IMG_7736 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

18097076191_f1b0f83838_c.jpg
IMG_7738 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

18097074301_de3271331f_c.jpg
IMG_7740 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Having come from a 172 cup, to a Fiesta ST and then back again, I couldn't agree more. At first I hated the step down again but it has become easier over time lol.
Car looks great mate and those roads look fantastic.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at Clio hate.

For me, the ST feels just like a Clio, but engine wise it's got one on steroids. Wheezy NA engines can f*** off.

I've decided I'm going MR230 (I can't resist the improved power/torque graphs much more)...just not quite sure when I'll do it yet. Maybe toward the end of this year when I can be arsed with a lengthy trip to Mountune HQ.

Look's lovely, sounds like you had mega fun! the scenery up there really is stunning! I've done some routes up there in my old Fiesta Mk6 ST. Amazing.

Can echo some of the Clio comments, after going around the Evo Triangle full banzai in well sorted, heathy 182 and in my ST it makes you realise how good this ST and how far hot hatches have come in a short space of time!

I'm sure I've said this before but I travelled nearly 300 miles to test drive a 182 for a second car. The car was fine but my god did it feel slow, old and dated.

I dove back in the ST and it was like another world.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I understand that the ST is a better car than the Clio but it's also 10 years newer and ten times more expensive.

It's like me putting a thread on the ST forum saying that the ST is slow compared to my £100k 911 turbo.

(Ok that's not the best example but you know what I mean).

See im intrigued by what im hearing about these cars and am tempted to see if the hype is justified.

That said I'd wait till they are at the 5k price bracket as imo its too much money for a warm/hot hatch.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Look's lovely, sounds like you had mega fun! the scenery up there really is stunning! I've done some routes up there in my old Fiesta Mk6 ST. Amazing.

Can echo some of the Clio comments, after going around the Evo Triangle full banzai in well sorted, heathy 182 and in my ST it makes you realise how good this ST and how far hot hatches have come in a short space of time!
Short space of time? Didn't the first 172's come out in 2000 lol? 2 generations ago! That's hardly a short space of time!

I understand that the ST is a better car than the Clio but it's also 10 years newer and ten times more expensive.

It's like me putting a thread on the ST forum saying that the ST is slow compared to my £100k 911 turbo.

(Ok that's not the best example but you know what I mean).

I see what you mean. However as someone who has owned several 182s, and now the ST, I like to make the comparison as I'm sure there are lots of people on here looking at these and wondering how they compare.

I suppose you could say the ST is the modern day 182. Where everything is that little bit better.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm sure I've said this before but I travelled nearly 300 miles to test drive a 182 for a second car. The car was fine but my god did it feel slow, old and dated.

I dove back in the ST and it was like another world.

Boost makes you lazy. You n
I see what you mean. However as someone who has owned several 182s, and now the ST, I like to make the comparison as I'm sure there are lots of people on here looking at these and wondering how they compare.

I suppose you could say the ST is the modern day 182. Where everything is that little bit better.

I think you've just forgotten how to drive NA.

Boost makes you lazy!

NA Is fine till you have a loud exhaust like mine. Then everyone knows you've had to change down which kind of ruins the fun :)

Peugeot 308
LOL at Clio hate.

For me, the ST feels just like a Clio, but engine wise it's got one on steroids. Wheezy NA engines can f*** off.

I've decided I'm going MR230 (I can't resist the improved power/torque graphs much more)...just not quite sure when I'll do it yet. Maybe toward the end of this year when I can be arsed with a lengthy trip to Mountune HQ.

Isn't there 230 kit silly money for the gains?! 😂