ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My Audi a4 is on 165k now and doesn't make a sound, it's totally rattle free.

I'd be a bit miffed if my new car rattled like your fiesta seems to be. I know they're mass produced but it's not a cheap cheap car and I don't think its too much to ask for it to be rattle free after a years motoring and 10000 miles.

Back in 2004 the 182 demonstrator I drove rattled so much I actually LOL'd (still bought one though).

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Lol reading these rattles and niggles you lot are having with your Fiestas are making my decision on ordering the new Focus RS even harder luckily it's a few months until the order book opens I think.... coming from having BMW for the last 6/7 years and possibly going Ford is doing my head in lol.

The facelift Focus is several steps up from the ageing Fiesta interior. It feels very much like a German vehicle.

As for that rattle, it's a common one!

Just had the call from Ford (well Vauxhall) after dropping the car off this morning for them to investigate the buzzing/rattle from the B Pillar.

The service girl's comment made me laugh...

"The car has been out on a test drive and the rattle you have identifed couldnt be heard, just a series of other rattles". ha!

They also advised rattles are not covered under warranty and if they were to start investigating, I will most likely have to pay for it.

First and last time I buy a Ford. Like a VW, but with less screws...

I'll carry out my own investigation at the weekend I think.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Just had the call from Ford (well Vauxhall) after dropping the car off this morning for them to investigate the buzzing/rattle from the B Pillar.

"The car has been out on a test drive and the rattle you have identifed couldnt be heard, just a series of other rattles". ha!

They also advised rattles are not covered under warranty and if they were to start investigating, I will most likely have to pay for it.

I'd be a bit miffed at that. I know other manufacturers fix rattles under warranty.

I wonder if the answer would have been different if you'd bought the car?

I doubt they know it's leased to be honest. For it to rattle it's obviously not been out together well (it's only done 8k miles), so you could argue it should be covered as it's not as described.

If it was my car (and not leased) I would be taking it further but I just can't be bothered.

I'll be going back to german next time round. Even my £8,000 citroen C1 doesn't bloody rattle!! Ha

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I doubt they know it's leased to be honest. For it to rattle it's obviously not been out together well (it's only done 8k miles), so you could argue it should be covered as it's not as described.

If it was my car (and not leased) I would be taking it further but I just can't be bothered.

I'll be going back to german next time round. Even my £8,000 citroen C1 doesn't bloody rattle!! Ha

Just a thought, I don't know as I have never leased a car, but when it comes time to hand it back, I assume someone comes to collect it?

I know they will do a visual inspection for damage etc, and chance they could charge you for fixing the rattles (that they may deem you caused)?

I doubt it, but thought I'd post as it crossed my mind!

That is piss poor service!

Doubt they'd charge for rattles tbh, from what I've heard of the FST's it's a common thing!

They do charge for some things though - noticed on the weekend I got 2 pretty big stone chips on the bonnet to the metal :'( only 7.5k in, piss poor VW paint!! (You may have more rattles than my 0, but at least your paint doesn't chip from the wind!!).

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Spot on mate it more or less did. I think for the value of the car the build quality is more than acceptable. At the end of the day its a very highly mass produced hatchback so to expect it to be even close to anything the Germans produce is a little unfair really.
I don't agree with that at all. Why can the Japanese and the Koreans build even cheaper cars, that are rattle free and have ridiculous warranties? Not singling out the Ford, it's a problem with a lot of European stuff.

It's a shame really as it has probably put me off going Ford again, and I really like the focus ST.

For the sake of a bit of labour (that should really be covered under warranty anyway) they have potentially lost thousands in business from me.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I don't agree with that at all. Why can the Japanese and the Koreans build even cheaper cars, that are rattle free and have ridiculous warranties? Not singling out the Ford, it's a problem with a lot of European stuff.

I can't really compare as the newest jap car I've been in is a 2005 Type R which rattles its t*ts off. I understand your point though.

In all fairness mine is pretty rattle free, apart from the odd one from the passenger door card which can be sorted with louder music.

I'd definitly buy Ford again, but it would have to be from the ST/RS range.

Right guys, need some advice...

The car is due its first service. Looking at the service book it was registered by Ford on April 1st 2014 but it wasn't delivered to me until April 30th.

The service is due after 12 months. So is that 12 months after the 1st or when it was delivered (30th)?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say after registration date. Check the manual as they do allow some leeway, I'm sure based on mileage they allow an extra 750 or maybe even 1,500 miles...so 30 days shouldn't be a problem.

VRS
Do you not get a letter advising you to get the car serviced with it being a lease ?

I had my letter stating that my second years tax has been paid but wasn't planning on getting it serviced until the lease company 'the owners' told me to?

VRS
I got mine 4 weeks before you through g2l, will be 12months since I took delivery in Wednesday

Haven't looked into servicing as I thought they would let me know seeing as it's their car lol

Am I wrong? Should they not prompt me?

320d
The VAG group have awful customer service too. I'm sick of taking my 18 month old Ibiza FR TDI to the dealers for yet another fault and poor service.

Suzuki Jimny
I got mine 4 weeks before you through g2l, will be 12months since I took delivery in Wednesday

Haven't looked into servicing as I thought they would let me know seeing as it's their car lol

Am I wrong? Should they not prompt me?

You will get bummed hard when you return it with incorrect servicing. It's up to you to sort out.

VRS
You will get bummed hard when you return it with incorrect servicing. It's up to you to sort out.

I have time still to service I'm genuinely interested to know if lease plan will send me a letter asking me to service it? They have sent me letters for everything else?

Yeah I would definatley get it booked in mate, they will charge you on hand-back if its not upto date.

Booked mine in today with Halifax Ford. was £140 inc VAT for its first year oil service.

Its booked in on the 13th April, with is 12 months and 2 weeks after it was registered but about 2 weeks under 12 months from the date I got it.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Try another dealer mate robbing you off ! Mrs Had a new zetec s few years back had few rattles fixed under warranty . Piss poor service from that dealer !

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The whole car rattles so I wouldn't even know where to start with the dealer.

I'm resigned to the fact I'll just have to either fix it myself or live with it.

Is there no pressure that can be issued from the finance company to get it resolved. The only thing that rattles in mine is the change in the glove box coin holders, I keep meaning to re-arrange it!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only rattle I have is the wiper sensor, rammed a peice of paper in, job done.

So after Ford had the car for a full day and were unable to resolve the horrendous rattle/buzzing coming from the rear passenger door card / B pillar, I decided to fix it myself.

Sat in the back with various objects being stuffed into various places until I found a solution! No more buzzing! :)

17018168955_5938b8d357_c.jpg
Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

17016720782_c677598c70_c.jpg
Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Great idea! I have loads in the garage from when I stuck my plates on.

I'll do that. Cant believe I've been putting up with it for the best part of 12 months, and all I had to do was ram a COSTCO card down the gap!!

Put of the whole brand because of a piece of plastic rattling I'd be happy that's the only thing that was wrong with it being a ford