ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well that didn't take long for the silvervisions to trend over to ST's :p

You're like sheep!! :D

He he. Throw on some wind deflectors and a triple-R splitter and a build no. sticker and some mountune side-splash decals and split your headlights and paint them black inside and you're properly in the 'club' ;)

Having said that I'm being strangely drawn to these bulbs...

He he. Throw on some wind deflectors and a triple-R splitter and a build no. sticker and some mountune side-splash decals and split your headlights and paint them black inside and you're properly in the 'club' ;)

Having said that I'm being strangely drawn to these bulbs...

Haha :]

Bulbs do make a lot of difference though tbh, especially if you do any night driving! Just makes it feel a bit nicer to drive I guess. Luckily I dont need to change them in mine as they're already white!

Look much better!

Although the yellow indicator bulbs kinda spoil the look - any particular reason why you didnt change them at the same time?

Simple answer is, I didn't think! Ha

Although the lights are that easy to remove I could do it in 2 minutes whenever.

Can someone get some night pics once fitted please.

Ill try and get some tonight. Tried last night on the iPhone but it didnt work...

Ill get the Canon out.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Could you get a shot from inside the car, to see the lighting distance/colour? Thanks babe x

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
To mix it up a bit, this is what I fitted when I first got mine. Silvervisions, led wing mirror bulbs and hid conversion. Just bare in mind the headlights were just switched on in the pics so the colour is a tad out. After 30 secs they have an oem hid colour. They are 4700k bulbs.

DSC03929_zps971f2ec3.jpg

DSC03939_zps9711538c.jpg

DSC03941_zps6c2ebdf1.jpg

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
That looks wicked. Wish I'd thought about doing something like this earlier, just finished a stint of doing 180 miles a night this week in the Fister and the headlights were terrible on the unlit sections of the motorway.

I wouldn't say they are that much "brighter" than the standard bulbs... It's more of a colour change.

Yellow -> White (xenon look).

Don't buy them if your just after better light performance. Get HIDs for that :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As above. I've fitted these to the wife's meg, and in comparison to true hids there's no contest.
They are no brighter than standard bulbs, but the white light gives the illusion, it's a much nicer look.

In my experience the bulbs that are genuinely brighter have a much shorter operating life.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hids through my vast experience are perfect with projector lamps. I'd run 6000k at most.

They were the best upgrade I made to both my Frps.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hids through my vast experience are perfect with projector lamps. I'd run 6000k at most.

They were the best upgrade I made to both my Frps.
There was a time I'd have used hid kits. But having seen several reports of them sparking up, not worth the risk imo.

Be interested to know what the insurance situation would be if a set caught fire.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good.
I saw a Pumaspeed 270 one of these on the back of a breakdown truck the other day. Hope it wasn't a cased of them not being able to take that kind of power!

Fiesta ST-2
Fitted the bulbs tonight, such an improvement. Very impressed for £11.

Just waiting for my 2nd splitter to arrive and then I will be happy again :eek:

Fiesta ST-2
Unfortunately yes. We had some horrific rain a couple of weeks ago, driving very slowly through a car park as the water was a few inch deep. Then all of a sudden some tosser came flying the opposite way in a sh*tty old 306 which just sent a tidal wave towards me (could have been much worse).

Loud bang and some cringey scraping noises later I managed to park up and check the damage.

How do I upload a picture straight from my ipad? :eek:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Tried to take mine off earlier but I felt as though I was going to snap the housing. How did you get them off? They look a lot better!

Yep still enjoying it! It's the best all-rounder I've had.

Mileage is aprox 5,000 so I won't be doing the full 12,000 per year I have with G2L.

Although after seeing the focus ST deal on there; I wish I'd have gone for that, for the sheer VFM.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yep still enjoying it! It's the best all-rounder I've had.

Mileage is aprox 5,000 so I won't be doing the full 12,000 per year I have with G2L.

Although after seeing the focus ST deal on there; I wish I'd have gone for that, for the sheer VFM.
Would you consider letting someone take over the lease? Saves them the down payment, gets you out of contract? ;)