ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep, it's quieter until you get up into the high revs, it's not a massive difference tbh.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Right went for a drive today, and I think it has made it louder - by about 0.00001%

Oh well, only took 30 seconds...

I've got some back to back video filmed in the same gear on the same stretch of road, with my microphone tucked right up where the tip of the passenger's feet would be.

I think, as said above, it's about 0.00001% louder and 0.00001% sharper. A slight change but nothing that noticeable.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
The foam isn't to stop sh1t being ingested is it!? I may need to take a look at this as a few of my customers are doing it and could lead to a whole world of trouble in the future.

Small update.

I have been hating the yellow standard bulbs the car came with, so decided to order some MTECs off eBay - standard choice for me across many previous cars.

Followed a guide on a Fiesta forum, and even though the headlights have to be removed to change the bulbs, it was easy. Took about 15 mins start to finish.

15136814171_0d0f557d3e_c.jpg
Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Before:

15139411212_aba8de851a_c.jpg

After:

14953238158_7190946bc5_c.jpg

Comparison, side by side.

15116774726_c3db03171f_c.jpg

And the finished product...

14953232877_f9a1314642_c.jpg

Big improvement. Wont be embarrassed to turn on the poverty-look headlights now! :eek:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Report back with a light comparison mate. Certainly looks alot better! I miss xenons alot.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Fancy putting up a link to the lights you purchased? It looks so much better without the yellow tinge. Might change to Silver Visions too if I've got to remove the headlight.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Care to share a link to the guide you followed Matthew?

i have the bulbs waiting to fit.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You really don't need a guide to take the lights out, it's so easy.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hardest bit for me was getting theses fecking plastic rivets out, also I never needed a screwdriver to undo the connectors?

Fiesta ST-2
Just ordered some of the bulbs you've got, looks much better.

hope they're really easy to fit as I am absolutely sh*te at DIY stuff :eek:

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Nice to see a car that the lights can be removed easily. Instead of going through some naff hole in the wheel arch or bumper off!

Those bulbs are a big improvement too - I expect quite a few owners will do this...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Might have to get these bulbs for my car, My HIDs are doing my head in throwing up errors when they shouldn't.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've just ordered the metecs, silver visions and Philips Blue Vision side lights :eek: