ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's BMW Z4 Sport (2 litre content)

One of my favourite things of getting a new (used) car; the first interior clean and the little things you find.

Its fair to say its been sat for a while as it was so dusty. Also found a pack of pain killers under the seat and an AUX in socket - result!

Gave the exhaust tip a shine with some Britemax too, it was soot'd up. Five minutes later and it looks a lot better. I will return for a second go at the weekend.

Took a few pictures on the iphone...

10835301814_34b0ce1eff_z.jpg

Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

10835465863_3cce0ec469_z.jpg

10835191786_fea39faa60_z.jpg

10835287114_749935883a_z.jpg

Its going to get a full amateur detail at the weekend, weather permitting. Need to seal the hood for winter.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's proper weird. Found pain killers in mine too? Maybe they're a painful car for some?

You need to order something, it's not option.

ZHP gear knob.

Order it from your dealer and go get it Saturday morning.

It's weighted, proper lovely leather, and a proper necessary uprgrade.

Pic:

9i.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Interior with those chairs looks lovely. I'd love a Z4 but I think after the TT im done with two seaters.. I hate the first clean though. Most of time I notice bad things..lol!

(Oh and Rob shame on you with your fake carbon..)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks proper Rob, nice size and lovely finish/material.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great looking car and besides you can't pose if you go too quick. . I think we need a Z meet ; )

How strange about the painkillers! Ha.

I've seen those gear knobs talked about over on the Z4 forum, might get one for Christmas ;)

The cars mint inside now. Although I think I'll have a go at the drivers seat leather at the weekend, it's a bit shiney.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Interior with those chairs looks lovely. I'd love a Z4 but I think after the TT im done with two seaters.. I hate the first clean though. Most of time I notice bad things..lol!

(Oh and Rob shame on you with your fake carbon..)

Carbon covers scratches. :eek:

How strange about the painkillers! Ha.

I've seen those gear knobs talked about over on the Z4 forum, might get one for Christmas ;)

The cars mint inside now. Although I think I'll have a go at the drivers seat leather at the weekend, it's a bit shiney.

This can't wait until Christmas, transforms the gear change. Trust me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's a case of put it in second and yank, then push the new one on until it "clunks" on.

I have a part number for 6 speed, is yours 5?

BMW mini style sell it too, but so do BMW directly:

http://bmwministyle.co.uk/products/BMW-"ZHP"-Weighted-5-Speed-Gear-Knob.html

Just zoomed on your pic and you're 6 speed, bmw part number:

If you call jamie at sopers and quote that you're a member of the z4 forum, you'll get discount and on some things free delivery :)

Last edited:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I have the wind deflector fitted and there is minimal wind intrusion. Although it does hamper rear visibility.

Finding myself going out for a drive, just for the sake of it. Not done that in years.

You don't need 230bhp for that, 150 will do me just fine thanks :)

Keep telling yourself that ;) I'm sure deep down the petrolhead within will be crying out soon and perhaps you'll be trading it in for a 3.0 lol. A 3.0 from this age would be about 260bhp wouldn't it?

What happened to the GTi?

Not meaning to be a dick btw, you've owned some cool cars previously and I'm struggling to believe you followed them with a 2.0 Z4!

It has nothing to do with the "badge"!

Jesus Christ. It's nice to have a nice car.

Typical 4 pot BMW driver comment :approve:

What happened to the GTi?

Not meaning to be a dick btw, you've owned some cool cars previously and I'm struggling to believe you followed them with a 2.0 Z4!

The GTI had had its time, it was time for a change and I've always wanted a Z4. In my budget, and with my criteria/spec requirements this was by far the best car out there. Sure I could have had a ropey 2.5 or 3.0 or even a lower spec/non facelift; but do you know what?

I chose not to. I'm getting the top down experience, in a nicer car than if I would have got if i had gone for a bigger engine.

Car/spec over Displacement for me.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I tell you what; it would murder a GTI or a Clio RS off the line and for the first 50/100 yards. The traction of the RWD and fat rears is epic.

You would then catch - pass - and leave me.... Ha

Haha the Golf has my mates 2.8 Z3 for dinner, that has 11j rear wheels on ;) But yeah! I can see why you got it. Pose factor ready for next summer!

Z4
Just to add to the mystery, I found a packet of ibuprofen in mine!
Looking good Matt, very good spec indeed. Do you have speakers behind the seats? Cruise? If you do, you've got the same spec as me by the sounds of it :)

I don't really intend on keeping mine for much longer, but I don't mind if I keep it either. Lovely cars, I'm just a little fed up of folding myself in half when I want to get out next to a kerb etc. Theres literally no dignified way of doing it.
I may get a few pics/vids of mine up this week as I've only just realised I haven't taken many! And maybe I can make you jel of the extra cylinders ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Love these, I am going to get a Z4 before spring. BMW roadster needs a LSD imo. Can get a quaife for £850 which transforms the drive. That's all it needs, besides the CDV removing.

Facelift 3.0 is like 270hp not 230hp btw.

I can't believe you have found painkillers too! That's You, me and Rob!

How strange.

Yes I have speakers behind the seats aswell as cruise. Not sure if the speakers are an optional upgrade, as they sound great to be fair?!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It depends if you have one speaker behind each seat, or two? Also, door speakers? All cars have speaker grilles in the door, but some have nothing behind them.

Car's with only a single small speaker behind each seat will have no speaker in the doors,cars with a small speaker and large woofer behind the seats will have door speakers.

It depends if you have one speaker behind each seat, or two? Also, door speakers? All cars have speaker grilles in the door, but some have nothing behind them.

Car's with only a single small speaker behind each seat will have no speaker in the doors,cars with a small speaker and large woofer behind the seats will have door speakers.

I have door speakers and a few behind each seat (although I will have to see if there are actually speakers in the holes)

Since I found the AUX in this morning, I've been thinking of where to mount an iphone mount. The Brodit one looks good.

Very nice car mate take no notice of the haters

Thanks mate.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What brodit are you thinkning of? The one that clips into the dash, no screws, then that dash piece is constant, but there are adapter plates you fit these to the plate and Robert's your uncles brother?

I've never found somewhere good to buy it from? If it works out cheaper to buy two due to shipping let me know, as I'd have one for the ip5.

The quick way for me to tell you what audio you have is simple, do you have cubby holes behind the seat?? Or is it all flat? With speaker grilles?