ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matt black or anthracite on the iceberg?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Getting the wheels powder coated next week and can't make my mind up. Anyone got pics of the above preferably with standard 172 wheels and even better if on an iceberg.
I'm leaning towards matt black so far as I think it will go well with the rest of the black trims on the car including my front diamond. I will also probs do the bullets at a later date too.

cheers!

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
If youve got other black details then id go matt black, but personally I prefer anthra otherwise

TTRS & V50
DSC_0418.jpg

Although i think the standard 172 alloys only look good silver.

If going darker, i'd choose a different alloy, imo.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Miss read your OP didnt realise they were std 172 wheels. Deffinately anthra in that case lol

non sport
no offence to the above but i dont like matt coloured wheels but then i think anthracite do look good on the icebergs

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Anthracite always looks great on iceberg's, but tbh i think matt black would look better.

Ha how do? Denis with 1 N thanks, you should know that lol.

Pulling my hair out trying to decide, Dark anthracite/carbon grey is starting to take over, should it be gloss or not???:S

Yeah i was the same when deciding on mine. I even took Bells down to the shop to have a look at the different options. Glad i went for gloss black in the end tho. Matt/satin look v good also, but after cleaning them (for the two days that they remain shiny) gloss black looks awesome.

A Flamin' Red one
I've never REALLY understood anthracite. It's always struck me as a bit half-way-house. Perhaps becuase of the contrast against the black tyres.

iceberg 172
Ive done mine in merc colour c792 not sure what its called!
P2200406.gif

P2200407-1.gif

couple of weeks back they were polaris grey(ford)
DSC00325-1.jpg

DSC00319.jpg