ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MATLOCK MEET - 20th December

Bus w**ker
I've no idea which way I'm going or when I'm setting off...or even if I'm driving lol. I do however know that I will NEVER again drive to Scotland. It's w**k.

Over 8 and a half f**king hours of boring A1 to get up there and then this is the view.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMTctMjAwOTEyMTItMTIyM.jpg

The 4 and a half hours to get back was just as boring, but I was heading back to civilisation so it was alllll good. I know of a good indoor and outdoor karting place up there though.

Seeing as I'm flying up there for work at the end of January I'll meet you lot up there then. ;)

Mini Clubman
What time is everyone meeting?
I'll be rolling to meet tom and a few others first if any one wants to join me from the Vegas area

Nice one dude. We will meet u and adz (others welcome) at mcarther glen as before about 11.45 ish and convoy down to gray then off to the meet

that sound alright x

182 & Porsche 986
I've never been to Matlock before in my life, i don't even know how to get there apart from its south a bit. :D

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Nice one dude. We will meet u and adz (others welcome) at mcarther glen as before about 11.45 ish and convoy down to gray then off to the meet

that sound alright x

thought we were meeting at pitstop? ooh and what time? :)

*just saw the time.. not quite sure how i missed that!

Mini Clubman
Well yeah around pitstop which is next to the outlet for them that don't know who's meeting us there. I that ok with peeps and is the time ok?

Claire cud meet us/mark

DMS

A thirsty 172
So what time is the actual meet? And what's the final location?
I can't be bothered to re-read the thread. I'm ill and it's too much effort :p

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yep thats fine mate, i'll give you a ring sun morning anyway. however i'm going out sat night so might be in a mess!

S4 Avant
I do however know that I will NEVER again drive to Scotland. It's w**k.

Over 8 and a half f**king hours of boring A1 to get up there

I did that run up to newcastle earlier this month. Never have I been so bored on a car journey. The highlight was a ferrari infront of me, with it's left indicator on for 10 miles.

I've never been to Matlock before in my life, i don't even know how to get there apart from its south a bit. :D

You're missing out, we're going to have chips, and pubs and everything!

Bus w**ker
I did that run up to newcastle earlier this month. Never have I been so bored on a car journey. The highlight was a ferrari infront of me, with it's left indicator on for 10 miles.
You think it's bad to Newcastle mate it gets worse just as you go past the toon. Speed cameras and single lane. :dapprove: To top it off I was in a diesel Golf...with a low oil warning light and later a low oil pressure warning light and f**king annoying buzzer. Oh and no Kieran :eek:.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Definitely.
Do we have a plan of attack? What we doing? Stand around for a bit --> Pub --> Food & Drink --> stand around for a bit more --> home ?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I dunno... I think the only reason people stand around is because;
a) not every one knows each other so feels uneasy suggesting things
b) I as a rep, know f**k all about matlock roads wise so can't really organise a blast.

Pub does sound a good call though- Deffo? Unless anyone else cares to suggest something?

Wouldn't mind a look at the turbo either Darren :cool:

DMS

A thirsty 172
I know the roads round there pretty well, as I'm sure some of the others do (Dave should for a start since he lives round there).

My bonnet will no doubt be open at some point during the day :)

340i
I will come, but I am not getting out of my car nor opening the windows... and will sit there all day with my heaters on ;)

S4 Avant
Think the general idea is to wrap up warm.

We'll find a pub as well, I'm not sitting out in the cold and dark.

Mini Clubman
Claire - does your bf still want you to collect the inlets from me?

Is any1 cleaning there car?

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I dunno... I think the only reason people stand around is because;
a) not every one knows each other so feels uneasy suggesting things
b) I as a rep, know f**k all about matlock roads wise so can't really organise a blast.

Pub does sound a good call though- Deffo? Unless anyone else cares to suggest something?

Wouldn't mind a look at the turbo either Darren :cool:

up cromford hill, across to midlleton, to ashbourne via carsington, then on the a515, peal off on the B5056 through longcliffe, down to the A5012 and back down to cromford. well i'll be going for a hoon that way so if anyone else want too, been a local lad + all ;)

its an epic little drive, made even better by ice/snow and 185/55 comedy tires :D

BMW M5 & E36
Is the first post still upto date with the right info? I'll be seeing what time I wake up and what the weather's like, but might have a venture over.

Luke, do you want me to bring these wheels with if I do come?

Bus w**ker
It's a blizzard here atm, if it's like this tomorrow then there is no f**king chance in hell I'll be there or driving anywhere.

Mini Clubman
this could be fun tomorrow. i bring the sledge if some can bring some rope so i can be tied onto someones car

Better than yours. C*nt.
Going to have to bail and stick with the West Midlands meet on this one. Roads up to Matlock will be worse than murder with no traction control if the weather forecast holds the way it is - sorry guys. Just no sense in driving 2-3 hours up there to have an accident in the snow!