ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched Inlets Group-Buy 09 (Official Thread)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Oh, and I got my inlets back today :D

The match looks really well, the ports both look and feel smooth & clean too - I'm chuffed.

Thanks for mine Mark :cheers:

Clio 172 sport
Are these still available as a group buy?

What power increase will this give?

Some one please PM me : )

Clio 172 sport
Jam-Sport Inlets and Gaskets:
1.Tullyvernon (if enough people, if not just the inlets)
2. Curley (Own inlets matched & fitted) - DEPOSIT PAID
3.allanmcm (if gets to 11 people) PAID!!!!!!
4. ljb2k8 - PAID IN FULL!
5.Clio-Coby - PAID IN FULL
6. davefox (soon as my spare inlet turns up)
7. Riley! (exchange) - PAID IN FULL!
8. Stevieh (exchange)
9. Chris_81 (exchange)
10. Renault Davey Boy ( exchange and fit, drive in and out ) Deposit paid
11. Dangerous_dave (exchange/ drive in fit & out ?cost?)
12. Viper (exchange) Deposit Paid
13. liam R
14. Jamie86 (Fitted) Deposit paid and booked in
15. Lead_head (Sent in, must have own unit back)
16. seanaldo1987 (exchange, too far to drive for fitting)
17. Eckascliovalver ( I will send mine away to be matched)
18. Marc1330 (exchange)-Paid in Full
19. darren_stone (Fitted - need clarification on total cost also)
20. alex_tull1- exchange please- PAID!
21. mark123 - exchange - PAID!
22. cliosportheth- exchange- PAID!
23. bartebk(I will send mine away to be matched if that's ok,will ring to confirm)
24. Gstar2006 - PAID and done. :)
25. Slammed172 PAID AND DONE :)
26. Jeremy(I will send mine in to be matched)
27. Pagey6005 (exchange and fit + service)
28. TheEvilGiraffe - (drive in + fit - will call tomorrow)
29. csphilpott - (exchange, too far to drive for fitting)
30. jack_davey -(no need for exchange, will post inlets, arranged polishing with mark)
31. Mikeyk18 - (No exchange, have sent polished inlets for matching, will send original inlets back when finished. Half Paid!)
32. Jonnyb182 (Exchange basis ) PAID!
33. tony 69 (pick up and swop over) thursday if poss
34. danny172 - (Drive in + Fit)
35. J-Key (Drive in and Fit)

Iceberg 172
Closing date was 6th Feb so you'll need to contact Jamsport direct. I believe they still have a special offer price on though.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Trev are you in the know on who should be expecting theirs soon?

I paid on the 29th I believe so wondering if I am one of the earlier buyers or latter.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Trev are you in the know on who should be expecting theirs soon?

I paid on the 29th I believe so wondering if I am one of the earlier buyers or latter.

I'm trying to find that out mate so I have peace-of-mind everyone is sorted :)

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Mine still havent came :( will be giving them a crack as soon as i get them

S

seanaldo1987

role on the 24th of feb (payday)

then i can finally phone up and pay in full.

then its just a waiting game........

Last edited by a moderator:
  rps13
Guys words cannot describe how much cleaner, smoother, better matched to the cylinder head my new jamsport inlets are.

only driven the car on three cylinders so far due to injector woes (caused by yours truely) but will let you know how the car feels when i get a new injector.

the car is an 02 plate 172 by the way, i can very easily see how some can claim awesome gains if their inlets were as bad as mine.

Alex

rps13
fao- hill power

have you had anyone mention issues with the thickness of the gaskets?

as when i tried to put the lower one on the only conceivable way to do it would have been to take the alternator off because it's much thicker than OEM

when i tried to put the upper one on the oil breather was not sealing again because of the thickness.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
i have been very busy with workshop work recently, i know this shouldn't effect you but it has effected my time spent in the office dealing with this, robin has a pile of messages for me to go thru.

I have sorted a few out but i am going thru them as and when i can, one task beingthe spreahsheet for tigger

when people send them back can they do so by recorded delivery for piece of mind, its come in handy for one member already!

Mark

Golf V6 4Motion
fao- hill power

have you had anyone mention issues with the thickness of the gaskets?

as when i tried to put the lower one on the only conceivable way to do it would have been to take the alternator off because it's much thicker than OEM

when i tried to put the upper one on the oil breather was not sealing again because of the thickness.

Alex_tull1 - we spent a very long time developing the thickness and trying many variants of this (all our at own expense) to make sure this does not happen. The manifold gasket is not that much thicker than the OEM to be honest - its only 1.5mm thick. I bet we have sold over 20-30 sets of these to people who have fitted without issues - as Riley has for instance. There is no way you need to take the alternator off and whilst the oil breather can be hard work it can be fitted fine with some perseverance. The odd person has mentioned difficulties when using the supplied washers due to the slight setup in height but again have over come this. I can only presume that something else is untoward with your setup or you are experencing some bad luck with the order/fitting of the items. Cheers

IS this the good inlet who don´t need to be matched?

28540615795.jpg

My car have normal inlet,is a good mod IF I push on this inlet?

Last edited:
  Golf V6 4Motion
It will still benefit from being matched mate - they are just better to start.

If you are getting it matched it doesn't matter which one you start with.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Mine neither....... Just gonna have to sit and wait I guess :(

+1,
Dont think the weather helped plus its a big old group of inlets, to fit in around other work I should think.
Nearly a month since i paid Lol :rasp:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Ditto.... Was told they'd be here ina week and a half but not to worry cos I opted for exchange so I'm still driving my car :)

Phone Jamsport if you want to find out what the score is, they'll happily tell you what is what.

I guess they don't have that big a stock of inlets for exchange. For each exchange inlet you have to allow a week turn around I guess. Send out, fit new ones, send back, match, repeat... Plus 3 different inlet types (plenum anyway).

I started off exchange but switched to send mine in - only took a week and that was snow week! But I'm lucky to have a second car.

i guess a list of who's had what might help?

I'm happy with my new inlets and the service from Jamsport. These group buys must be a nightmare to run lol.

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Speaking to Robin on the phone yesterday, they are waiting on people to return some inlets so they have stock to get others out.

I'm awaiting the list of who has got theirs/ who's has been sent back etc

S

seanaldo1987

i cant send any more out as to date i have only had 2 of my exchange units turn up.

i could do with inlets back asap.

will peeps please send 182 inlets that are doing it on an exchange basis back to jamsport asap.

this is stopping me from getting mine fitted on the way home from k-tec on the 27th February :( and was hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone while i'm down that direction

I was going to say, the majority of the problem is with returns either being late (once they fit their new ones they are less bothered about returning theirs promptly) or in such poor condition that they need a good soak and scrub for a few days.

Must say, Jamsport is doing a brilliant job dealing with such numbers an the short lead time.

I feel so much for the poor bugger who's having to do all the work.........

If most of the customers had to do the job themselves, they'd be charging A LOT more and making people wait a lot longer........its horrid work!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If this is of any intrest ??

172 Bottom inlet (NOT RS STAMPED) .Ideal if you gettin one matched or want one to send off to be matched not sure if 172 phase 1 and phase 2 and 182 bottom halfs are all the same ?? :S

This is off phase 2 172 .

£28 POSTED.

Golf V6 4Motion
I was going to say, the majority of the problem is with returns either being late (once they fit their new ones they are less bothered about returning theirs promptly) or in such poor condition that they need a good soak and scrub for a few days.

Must say, Jamsport is doing a brilliant job dealing with such numbers an the short lead time.

I feel so much for the poor bugger who's having to do all the work.........

If most of the customers had to do the job themselves, they'd be charging A LOT more and making people wait a lot longer........its horrid work!

+1 (cheers Ben)