ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lawro's Super Clean Titanium 182 - Progress Thread

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all, just to let you know I am the lucky soon to be owner of Lawro's 182:clap: :approve: I actually saw his pictures and said "god I wish that was up for sale" and then to my surprise it went up a few days later. I was looking at a few other examples including one in Glasgow with Trophy Recaros but they all had nothing on Lawro's so it had to be done! I will continue the project thread (not that there is anything left to do haha) and will ensure this car stays looking box fresh. I actually intend to keep hold of this car for quite a long time and will more than likely garage it if and when I decide to change only to be used for special occasions to try and preserve it as a classic. Will also make sure it comes to meets!

Jake.

Good buy buddy, where in blackpool are you?

Titanium 182
Thanks mate :approve: I'm north shore area, you? Did I see you driving past Bispham roundabout today? It was a BG 182 that's for sure lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate :approve: I'm north shore area, you? Did I see you driving past Bispham roundabout today? It was a BG 182 that's for sure lol

Having seen Lawro's (now your) car in the metal it is a fantastic buy. You're a lucky guy.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
if it was about quarter past 3 then yes it would have been, I'm up off west drive/ northumberland in cleveleys myself, there's a load of us around here now!

Titanium 182
if it was about quarter past 3 then yes it would have been, I'm up off west drive/ northumberland in cleveleys myself, there's a load of us around here now!

Yea that's about right I think! I keep saying a silver 182 with a young female behind the wheel too. Also my boss at work has the LY 182 ending in KMW (soon to be sold)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I can drop Vikki off at Bristol and we can go up mate. Lol.

I would have suggested this mate, believe me! Only reason Zoe is coming is because we are up in Coventry at WaxStock at the weekend so makes sense to go and collect the new car straight from there as we are about 40% of the way there already.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Last small update:

I promised to have the car serviced before it leaves me, just to ensure it's tip top before it leaves.

Ordered a Full Service kit from Wolverhampton Renault, quality service as always.. Elf Evolution 5w40, Genuine Oil Filter and washer, Air Filter, Cabin Filter and a new bonnet stay catch clip as mine was starting to become a little temperamental.

14541104838_e93a73ddd7_c.jpg

Service Kit by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Goes in for the Service/MOT on Friday then off to WaxStock for the weekend where the car will be collected so I will get a few last pictures before goes.

RB Clio 182
Should be at CSS mate! :)

Gooood :D

Fitted a brand new top rs grill today mate, awaiting my bottom one, done away with the painted grills as they chip(like you said)/dont look oem enough for me.

The top grills are a metallic grey even brand new, im a little disappointed as my cup splitter and fogs are black :mad:

I have treated it with meguairs trim restorer but it hasnt really darkened it, wish i would have bought a 2nd hand one now for half the price.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Gooood :D

Fitted a brand new top rs grill today mate, awaiting my bottom one, done away with the painted grills as they chip(like you said)/dont look oem enough for me.

The top grills are a metallic grey even brand new, im a little disappointed as my cup splitter and fogs are black :mad:

I have treated it with meguairs trim restorer but it hasnt really darkened it, wish i would have bought a 2nd hand one now for half the price.

Yeah I replaced both of mine too but the colour is the same, kind of Blue/Grey Metalic colour. I treated mine with G-Techniq C4 which made it slightly darker looking and haven't touched it since.. Looks great still!

Titanium 182
Last small update:

I promised to have the car serviced before it leaves me, just to ensure it's tip top before it leaves.

Ordered a Full Service kit from Wolverhampton Renault, quality service as always.. Elf Evolution 5w40, Genuine Oil Filter and washer, Air Filter, Cabin Filter and a new bonnet stay catch clip as mine was starting to become a little temperamental.

14541104838_e93a73ddd7_c.jpg

Service Kit by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Goes in for the Service/MOT on Friday then off to WaxStock for the weekend where the car will be collected so I will get a few last pictures before goes.

Also I've got to say, I have never bought a car that wasn't in a really tidy condition and cared for but the attention and pampering Lawro has given this car amazes me and puts all my other vehicles to shame! Hats off to you mate :hail: hope you enjoy WaxStock with her

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Final Update:

Well the car was collected by Jake on Sunday, he seemed extremely happy with the car so I hope he enjoys his ownership as much I as did during the build of the car.

On Sunday I went to WaxStock 2014 at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry. The car was on display inside the arena in the Modern Classic Category and there was some stiff competition on the day. The judging look place around 1pm by 5 independent judges and was extremely tense, some went to extreme lengths, even as far as checking for dust on the inside of the dust caps.

Around 4pm the results were announced and I was extremely shocked to find I had placed 1st.

I'm really pleased with the result and it's made all the hard work worth while.

14747775806_c0362f8c4c_c.jpg

WaxStock 2014 by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Well deserved!

This is by far the best road going 182 on the forum. I've really enjoyed reading this thread right from day one and you've given me plenty of ideas and inspiration for my own car.

Enjoy your new car!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Well deserved!

This is by far the best road going 182 on the forum. I've really enjoyed reading this thread right from day one and you've given me plenty of ideas and inspiration for my own car.

Enjoy your new car!

Thanks man, really appreciate the comment.

First impressions on the new car are good, I will fire some photos up once I get chance to give it a going over.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That floor's very dirty. I bet there were a few people going apeshit that it was getting their tyres dirty ;)

Congrats on the win, looking forward to seeing the new car :)

Titanium 182
Very, very chuffed with the car! Still not had time to take her for a proper drive but I will this weekend! It's as immaculate as the pictures make out and then some and the seats are heaven! Couldn't show much enthusiasm on Sunday when I picked her up as was up for 24 hours the previous day with food poisoning haha. Thanks again Lawro :race:

FRP - Clio 182
With 20mm spacers on the front and 15mm spacers on the rear running standard 182 Wheels do you think it will rub?
Cannot decide if to go to 20mm and 15mm or 15mm and 10mm axle spacer on the rear

With 20mm spacers on the front and 15mm spacers on the rear running standard 182 Wheels do you think it will rub?
Cannot decide if to go to 20mm and 15mm or 15mm and 10mm axle spacer on the rear

For ET45 (standard 182 wheels) 20mm front/15mm rear is perfect. You defiantly won't get any rubbing.

FRP - Clio 182
By the way stunning car, when I first bought one for the other half I had an idea of how I wanted it to look and this is pretty much it.
Looks fantastic, cannot wait to get more done on ours now in the coming months, excellent result getting 1st place, a great way to see the car off.

Titanium 182
haha no way @Lawro , just ordered about £350 worth of ICE to go in too! Will get some more pics up in December as will be going for a drive out with a few pals, still looking box fresh :up::up: and only getting better!

Titanium 182
That's why I'll never sell miine.

As I know at some point, i'd be buying one again. Would rather mothball it for a year!

Exactly my plan, got a garage it will live in for a while while I see how I feel without it lol