ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Massively impressed with the 182 in snow

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've been up and down the lane around half-a-dozen times in the last few days and each time the 182 manages it with hardly any fuss or drama. The only slight issue I've had has been with the run-up to the entrance of our lane. It's on an incline and if you get traffic coming the other way then I'm knackered and have to roll down the hill - lol!

IMG_0063.jpg

As it is, she's flawless and much better than when we had snow and cold weather at the start of the year. Whether or not that's down to the new Dunlops on there (and/or possibly the Eibachs?) - I'm not sure. But having seen so many other makes and models struggling on the roads, I'd have to give my own car top marks for its poise and control in this sort of weather.

Well done Reno. :)

D.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
ahh so it was you I saw in Blackburn Asda the other week :)

ITB'd MK1
i've been quite impressed with my mk1, lol. Managed to get everywhere i've asked it with minimal fuss, when several 4x4s were struggling (pile of cars in a ditch, with an x5 on the top anyone?)

Titanium 182
I was horrified with mine when the snow started, but actually having had heavy snow today it was really good. I think before I was judging it on hard compacted snow/ice which it really was bad on. In deeper snow it's pretty damn competent.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Cheers! Looking at the pic again with the snow tracks - it could appear that I hand-braked it into there - lol!

What's this? A usurper to my Blackburn Asda Stalker crown?! Get OUT! :rasp: :cool:

When was that m8?

D.

I want to say last Monday? nipped in for some tree lights - I was behind you out of asda up past the BP garage!

Unless it wasn't you lol but not seen another b/g with no caps and yellow writing on bullets - cs sticker in the window and some other track type jobby I couldn't make out lol

Audi TT 3.2
ive had no problems touch wood! its been quite inpressive!

ive got pradas on and no complaints from me!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I want to say last Monday? nipped in for some tree lights - I was behind you out of asda up past the BP garage!

Unless it wasn't you lol but not seen another b/g with no caps and yellow writing on bullets - cs sticker in the window and some other track type jobby I couldn't make out lol

Ah - were you in a silver 172, m8? I glanced at one in the rear mirror as I turned left to go up towards the hospital. Apologies if that was you! :)

D.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ah - were you in a silver 172, m8? I glanced at one in the rear mirror as I turned left to go up towards the hospital. Apologies if that was you! :)

D.

That was I, I lost sleep over your failure to see me :( ;)