ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mars Red Phase 1 Clio v6

18 months after selling #0089 (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?388306-Vee-ownership-A-Year-in-the-life) the v6 bug never left me and knew i would be getting another!! I debated about getting a phase 2 v6 this time, but im still drawn to the phase 1's. When i spotted Mars Red #0268 come up for sale, i had to have it!

Ive owned it 18 months now but as last summer was a bit of a wash out, havent really had much time to drive it, only really taking it to a hand full of meets.

Its been sorn all winter and as the sun came out yesterday evening i took her out for a blast and took some pics.

I'd almost forgotten exactly how it felt to drive one of these. After spending time in modern cars, the v6 feels very small, raw & with an almost analogue simplicity.

The gearbox is an utter joy to use - I remember it not being a nice box, and i remember them having a longer throw, its really short and has a really nice action. Time clearly clouds the mind!!

I was initally suprised at how short the total pedal travel is on the clutch and how heavy it was, but after a few gear changes you dont notice it anymore and it just feels right, allows you to make very quick changes.

It handles so well too, rewarding smooth inputs on the controls with a very satisfying driving experience, feeling the weight shifting behind you as you corner is almost addictive. The mid/rear layout, really does make the car.

And i cant write without mentioning the noises too, they are even better than i remember them!!! Hearing the gear change was almost as satisfying as the awesome induction/exhaust combo!

Its almost worth the 6 months winder sorn to really appreciate what a special car it is when you get back in. Man i love these cars!!

Anyway, pictures time:

8623112947_968cb317f1_c.jpg

8623113047_79e6b747f4_c.jpg

8623119869_f2307711ca_c.jpg

8623113125_996b1d94a9_c.jpg

8623113205_a2dd12914d_c.jpg

8623113265_0051958f94_c.jpg

Its quite a rare car, not only for the colour, but it is one of the most original phase 1 v6's ive seen with as its nearly exactly as it was the day it rolled off the forecort (the eagle eyed will spot the red painted calipers). My aim is to keep it that way and i will not be doing any mods.

It has just shy of 13,900 miles on the clock, but does need a few cosmestic touches to do till I'm 100% happy with it. It has never seen paint and these cars attract stone chips so i do need to sort that out at some point when i have the cash. But untill then, im going to enjoy it this summer. Hope to make it along to some more meets!

Petrol Blue 182.
Looks great Duncan! should have dropped me a text. Be good to get them both together for some pics.

Colour coded side pods look great aswell. Was that standard on the ph1? or were they originally silver?

An orange one
Absolutely stunning Duncan!!

Your doing the right thing keeping it original, such a great example and in the best colour :)

Clio V6
I love your car Duncan, good to see her being used again.

Great seeing pics of these cars in motion :)

Looks great Duncan! should have dropped me a text. Be good to get them both together for some pics.

Colour coded side pods look great aswell. Was that standard on the ph1? or were they originally silver?

Was just a last minute one, but yes, lets arrange it soon!

Yeah, all phase ones had colour coded pods as standard, was only the phase 2 that had titanium pods.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Duncan, great write up.. great pics.. great car!!

Looking forward to meeting up for some pics soon!

Couzens.. re the colour coded pods on ph2 cars, they were also on very early i.d. colours like Acid, Lunar, Bronze and Liquid (although no colour coded Liquids made it to the UK). Later, i.d. colours were fitted with silver pods like all other colour options. :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I cannot describe in words how much i want this.

If you want a Cup and a 6 week old baby, my house (you'll not want the wife) i'll be happy to do a part ex lol.

Love it. Did you buy it in Bathgate by any chance?

I picked it up from Edinburgh, but the guy did live round that way yeah! He must of had it for about 7-8 years, did you know him/see it around?

Lunch at the Mulberry again Duncan..? :) Be good to catch up..!

Ill let you know when its back from a trip to Scotts and will sort something out!

I cannot describe in words how much i want this.

If you want a Cup and a 6 week old baby, my house (you'll not want the wife) i'll be happy to do a part ex lol.

Haha!!!

phs2 tailgate??

I think all the UK Mars had a ph2 tailgate, ive only ever seen one mars with the little black square on it, that was a on press car at a Japanese motor show.