ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mark 1 Boot strip - filling the holes..

i did it myself, the badges jus rip off then jus get some multi purpose filler from B&Q and smooth it over! then go halfords and get some matchin spray and few coats later will look fine! HOPEFULLY!

Suzuki SV650

Ahh, multi purpose filler, I thought there might be something special I could use but that sounds fine! Did you put anything behind the holes like small metal plates or anything?

Car looks alright btw. You lowering it next?

lol! yea 40mm F 60/70mm B

i didnt put nething behind em, only do the metal plates if its for locks stop people pokin through the filler!

jus put sh*t loadz of filler in, let it set then sand it down!

yeah but toy actaully use the ph2 strip which has no badges to replace the one that has holes, think thats a no-brainer

Suzuki SV650

Phase 2 strip is the carbon look isnt it? In which case it sticks out a bit to match the Phase 2/3 rear light clusters.

Yeah Im at staffs uni, livin at stafford court, 4 (or 5 however u call it) dark grey RT. What car has ur bro got?

he aint got one yet we used to share a yellow/green corsa 1.4 16v sport but got rid of it and i got a clio!

U cant weld a bit of metal to a plastic strip! :p

i smoothed my one of with just halfords filler took sh*t loads of sanding down then just got the tailgate resprayed, looks much better. make sure you sand it down well though using wet and dry!

Suzuki SV650

Wont be doing any welding, not quite that much of a DIY mechanic! I think filling the holes and sanding it down and re-spraying it, then fixing it back onto my boot will do the job just fine, just like this guys white clio. Will look fine, especially from a distance, which is all I want really.

Cheers lads.

Steve.

Best to smooth the lot..although, if I did mine, I think Id leave the Brake Light, not sure.

i want to get rid of the lot! wiper, washer, lock, smoothed boot strip!

but i think its bout £160 for sprayin! but itll look the bollox!

Id only leave my brake light - if that... but then, I quite like all the stuff on the tailgate, heh.