ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MAP Sensor??

Clio 182
Hopefully someone here can help!

My car has been refusing to start first time of the day. It turns over but with the best will in the world would just refuse to start. If you turn off and start the second time it would be fine.

This was starting to get frustrating, so I read a few posts on here and saw it could be the MAP sensor. I have since removed it, i did notice some damage on the green oring (there is one green and one grey). I decided to switch alternate the O-Rings so the better condition grey oring was first. I also smeared a tiny bit of silicon grease on the boss when refitting it.

The car now seems to run really badly around idle. The idle may also be slightly higher than it was before. The sensor doesnt fit massively tightly in the hole, could this be part of the problem? can you buy new Orings for this part?

Going back to the orginal fauly can anyone suggest any other part that it could be? Is there any way to tell if the MAP sensor is working properly?
I presume that around idle issues would normally point in the direction of this sensor?

Does anybody have a sensor that I could test and then purchase, I also read Renault charge a FORTUNE for these.

THanks in advance.

Rob

Lots of Alfas
Have you checked the TDC sensor, starting problems are normally caused by this. Take it off and give it a good clean and see what happens. Do a search for the guide.

Clio 182
Bump.

Still an issue, strangely this week i was running with the CAF to the accoustic valve off the car. This resulted in it started first time. However it was a bit loud as my missus drives the car sumtimes. I reattached the CAF yesterday and it has gone back to not starting first time again.

My list of things still yet to try are Battery (Halfrauds told me it was 62% starting capacity), Cleaning TDC sensor.

Any other suggestions to what this could be. WOuld like to get this sorted ASAP.

Thanks