ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold to Cat Joint Blowing

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all,

My manifold to cat joint has been blowing for ages now. I've fitted a brand new genuine kit, including ring, springs, bolts etc, got it all lined up bang on and its still blowing. Put some high temp sealant around which hasnt made a difference.

Fitted a decat as I thought it may be weight of the cat that's causing it to come apart but that's not made a difference.

I've tried fitted a few extra washers to the kit so the bolts are tight as possible, still no difference.

On idle and revving it's fine, it's when I'm moving and put my foot down. Reckon replacing engine mounts may help?

I've had a quote to remove this joint completely and have a flexi put in place but most places want to have the manifold off the car to do, which means subframe off jobby = £250+!!

Anybody got this problem? Any ideas will be greatfully received as it's been doing my head in for aaaages now.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
decat but with a flange to bolt to the manifold, flexi in the decat pipe.

I'm wanting to put the cat back on, decat is annoying me now.

Would a flexi after the cat somewhere be enough to take the stress off the manifold? Or does it really need to be pre cat?