ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mallory park under threat

It looks like Mallory Park is having problems with noise, I read this on one of the sprint/hillclimb forums is anyone else aware of this?:dapprove:

Regards Russ..........

Cup In bits
Its a shame tbh, pretty much every circuit in the UK is having more stringent noise restrictions put on them or have done. I don't get people that buy homes next to known noise areas, airports, circuits, stadiums and then try and have them shut down or restricted. You should have bought somewhere else to begin with you bunch of t***s, rant over.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
old f*****s living in the houses around there. not that many but christ they had that one coming. its a god darn racetrack ffs.
what do they expect? people racing around on mobility scooters.....

Its a shame tbh, pretty much every circuit in the UK is having more stringent noise restrictions put on them or have done. I don't get people that buy homes next to known noise areas, airports, circuits, stadiums and then try and have them shut down or restricted. You should have bought somewhere else to begin with you bunch of tw*ts, rant over.

Totally agree with that, you buy it knowing its there so dont moan about it.

Fiesta ST200
Personally I think noise limits on tracks are a load of balls. Its a race track, its going to be loud. Thats the way motorsport has always been and always will be.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Mallory Park is 57 years old, so it's been there longer than probably all of the local residents. Don't move into an area where there is a race track nearby if you don't like the sound.

I'd love to live local to a race track... would be on it every weekend!

I,m hoping to compete there next year as there's an early event run in the Midlands sprint Championship, I can't understand how you can move to a house next to this kind of venue and then complain, on the flip side I live next to a Monestary thats being used for functions by the local Council, and they had no problems extending the noise cut off time from 12am to 2am for wedding functions even though we all objected:banghead:

Rant over, regards Russ.....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think this is the article you meant:
http://www.hinckleytimes.net/news-i...ay-hit-mallory-park-s-future-105367-32894281/

Sadly all racetracks seem to be facing similar issues.

Stricter noise regs are fair enough IMHO, its perfectly possible for motorsport and trackdays to be made quieter without it ruining the sport or the hobby, but at the same time people who chose to live near an airport have to expect plane noise I think its fair that people who live near a racetrack have to expect car noise.

Disastra Coupe
I half see your point Chip (feels weird using my nickname on someone else!) about motorsport could still be fun with less noise - but i'm pretty sure everybody into it would agree it add's to the atmosphere.
Let's face it, we all love the sound of some burly v8 or screaming NA on ITB's flying past you. It's all part of the package! Would still be fun without it, but it'd be a shame to lose it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Indeed mate, if I have the choice of keep things noisey or make them quiet, from a personal point I'd like them to stay noisey, but if its a choice of keep it noisey and lose huge chunks the sport or make it quiet, its a no brainer to me.

Clio 172
More circuits will need to address this sadly, surely having grass banking around the track would stop alot of the noise getting out. I signed the petition yesterday and circulated it around alot of my trackday friends to sign.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lets hope that if any of the complaining buggers run local businesses or work in them the darn things shut down as well as a result of reduced activity/patronage at the circuit

The noise and speed is what motorsport is about for spectators, who wants to watch standard sounding cars or electric powered cars go through a stage or on a circuit, without spectators there will be no Motorsport, the other problem is a lot of the small venues need the track day drivers for revenue, as said it's the business around these venues that will suffer, not some Stock Broker looking for a quiet retreat.
If planning goes through for houses how will this effect the area as that looks like the alternative being suggested.

Regards Russ

Just signed! It's trending on the ePetition site.

2lu9na.png

Lots of Alfas
I heard a local rumour that the owner has suggested selling it to david wilson homes (or similar) to build 1000+ homes on the land. Im sure the local residents would rather put up with a bit of noise on couple of weekends than have all that built on their village.