ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mallory Park Testing in Metro Gti Race Cup Car (Videos & Photos)

Naughty Nautical
Managed to get the 2nd fastest lap, one tenth of a second of the top man (I'm only 18)
Apologises for the large photos, could a mod make them smaller please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIgV0PqFhzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFEEu_Ld4M8

P1050749.jpg

P1050745.jpg

P1050740.jpg

P1050741.jpg

P1050744.jpg

P1050747.jpg

RS 182 CUP
theres a 1.6 converted one by me, still on a four speed box too! its a right little goer

Naughty Nautical
Thanks guys!
First race is 10th April - Brands Hatch Indy

This is my calendar for this year:

Brands Hatch (Indy Circuit) - Sun 10th April 2011

Oulton Park (International Circuit) - Saturday 7th May 2011

Cadwell Park - June 4th 2011

MGLive! Silverstone (Arena Grand Prix Circuit) Double Header
Testing: Friday 24th June Racing: Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th June 2011

Thruxton - Saturday 30th July 2011

Donington Park - Sunday 28th August 2011 (Bank Holiday)

Snetterton, Norfolk - Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd October 2011

Feel free to come and watch on any of the races :)

The car weighs 814 kg

172 Race Car
Have you been to Mallory before? How did you find the circuit? Ive read that its been resurfaced during the winter

Naughty Nautical
Have you been to Mallory before? How did you find the circuit? Ive read that its been resurfaced during the winter

Yeah, it's been resurfaced and feels lovely, they say it may improve speed but I don't know, that was the first time i've driven round Mallory and I didn't have any problems, locked up a few times when approaching the hairpin, but that was me just keeping flat out right till the last minute, haha! Garrards can be tricky for some people, key to it is not to lift off! I've been told in the metros there is no need to brake just lift off before then back on power and go into it at 115mph but most of them are scraping the ground anyway.

Ollie.

Naughty Nautical
Cadwell will be an absolute hoot.

Not a fan of Cadwell, last year I had a few bad experiences not finishing the race, spinning off through the essess and smashed my front end in on overtaking someone haha not a good time there.

172 Race Car
We have to brake for Gerards, 125mph+ on the approach and a 90mph average lap speed.

I really like the place. The surface was a bit patchy before, not too bumpy compaired to some places but I hear its silky smooth now. Looking forward to going back there....

Last edited by a moderator:
  Naughty Nautical
That's a fantastic video!
Before I got told about not braking I was braking down to 90mph then cornering at 90
What lap times were you doing?
Yeah Mallory is a lovely circuit - unfortunately we are not racing there this year

Naughty Nautical
Oulton park I see on the 7th of may :) might come an watch u there

That will be great, the championship never fails to put on a good show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAXSYhm_TZc

Look at 1:15 a bit of action.. and 2:12 of me (That's what happens when you get gearbox oil p*ssing out all over your front tyre haha.. Next time round saftey car gets called out, my crash in first race resulted in me not finishing race 2 - hence being at the back of the grid)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Haha ye it looks quite a tight field with quite a few mishaps to keep people wanting more :)

I will let the lads know at the chester meet when its on because it will prob be a nice weather to get people out in may :)