ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major kerbing

Clio 182
Bought some alloys the other day of eBay, picture was poor but it stated one alloy was kerbed badly. I got them with the intention of refurbing them. Turned up today and it's bad, was planning to go to citypowdercoaters in Birmingham but for £80 I can't imagine a lot of prep work going into them, anyways.....are these repairable?

image.jpg1_zpsp3jkwhkd.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg1_zpsp3jkwhkd.jpg
    image.jpg1_zpsp3jkwhkd.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 17
You could have a go with metal filler then sand down. One of the threads on here the other week recommended one to use.

Clio 182
I'd rather pay someone to do it tbh, I'll have a look at some threads. They do look tragic at the minute, so something's in order. It's a shame because I do like the look of the standard colour but if I go down the powdercoaters I'll no doubt have them in black or dark grey.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
That's pretty bad but still repairable. I don't see anything that would structurally write off the wheel but people would charge £100+ for a refurb on that wheel alone. I'm in the middle of a practice refurb and I'm saving an absolute tone. Definitely recomend it as it's such a profitable skill to have.

Clio 182
I've refurbed wheels in the past but want to get a solid finish rather than a rattle can job tbh. But I might have a sand and see just how bad they are later.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
You don't send wheels for a refurb because they look mint... They can fix anything, cracks, oval, bent, kerbing...

It's all about the monies...

I'd say they fall into your average refurb price...

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
if i was you i would get a sander out and have a go around the edge. Will make that flat again. will save you some pennies

Clio 182
Think I'll just send them in and if they are extra doesn't bother me as long as they come out sweet. Cheers for input everyone.

Clio 182
Birmingham, brilliant place. Quick and easy, took just under a week. One thing with the color I chose they didn't have a color code for it, so I've gotta match that at some point!

Clio 182
Does anybody know the best way to match the center caps? Or is it just a case of choosing a colour that is as close as possible via Halfords rattle can job?

RB Clio 182
They look similar to Fords graphite grey.

My mate that used to work in a body shop told me they had a scanner or a camera of some sort which they used to take a picture of the paintwork which told them the paint code/colour they would need to match it.

I'm not sure how true this is as he does talk a bit of bollax.

Clio 182
They look similar to Fords graphite grey.
Tried Ford's graphite grey, looks a bit too light... I've also looked for this scanner thing, but seems like a myth lol Body repair shops do seem to have them just nowhere near Worcestershire.

KTM Xbow, Jag XF
I've used them several times and they've always done a great job! They're naff at answering the phone but I can live with that!