ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Main Dealer Service

Just got my car back and I knew it was too expensive anyway (£100 for a service)
I only went to the dealer for the sake of the cars re-sale.

Just had a flick through the list of what the service includes.

I essentially paid £99 for them to change the oil....

Now forgive me if I'm wrong but that's about a £10 job and the rest of the "work" is tat.

Do the lights work? - Probably would have noticed if they didnt

Exhaust - Yes it's still there.

Next time I'll do it myself and just make my own bloody stamp for the hassle its worth.

/Rant

Lionel Richie
£99 on an RS, that's good!!

air filter
cabin filter
oil filter
sump washer
oil
full check over

you are paying for the expert to use their eyes also, but main dealers are a bit hit and miss, i have a "wall of shame" dedicated to them, i will have to post an update of the latest shockers (jag main dealer)

Clio 182 arctic
so u asked them to do a service without asking what they were actually going to change. what oil did they use, call it £60(it is renault afterall) £5-£10 oil filter. air filter??? £5-£10 again. so in reality you have up to £80 worth of parts and then labour on top.

It's a 1.4 mk2 ph2.

I knew what they were going to do, like I said it was purely for the stamp for re-sale value.

Just think its a bit of a joke for the parts that were changed being oil and oil filter :L

Oh and Fred this is the same dealership that had no idea what an rs grill was even explained in lamens terms and then told it wouldnt fit :L

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
Thats cheap for a service, try taking your brand new car to a main dealer and then be told its close to £200 if not more for it's first service!

Mini Cooper S
£100 for a service is fine. They're a company which has to make money. If you're moaning, why didn't you DIY.

Discounted 1*2 parts
£100 for a Renault service is very cheap. Admittedly thats probably just a motrio oil and filter change and a 25 point check, but what do you expect for a cheap service.

£100 for a Renault service is very cheap. Admittedly thats probably just a motrio oil and filter change and a 25 point check, but what do you expect for a cheap service.

Yeah it was, I know what I was paying for and like I said it was just for the stamp (re-sale purposes).

Anyways hopefully the last service on this car anyway :)

Lionel Richie
30K mile 3year old Jag S type with full main dealer history, 4 stamps in the book (£450 per service)

this is what i found inside the airbox, i was shocked!
IMG-20110211-00017.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What's wrong with that Fred? Blast it with the airline and replace... job done ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS
30K mile 3year old Jag S type with full main dealer history, 4 stamps in the book (£450 per service)

this is what i found inside the airbox, i was shocked!
IMG-20110211-00017.jpg

the air filter interval on my car is 4 years or 40k, so its easily possible mine could get to a similar state before being replaced, however i do it myself every year

Skoda Fabia vRS
i dont see the point of this thread, even at trade prices you cant DIY service for £10 so your on another planet if you think thats possible, and as you have said you wanted the stamp

£99 for a dealer service is cheap, we do em and we get a lot of business from it, pretty much all independents would charge the same, in some cases more, do you think the mechanics work for free

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
i dont see the point of this thread, even at trade prices you cant DIY service for £10 so your on another planet if you think thats possible, and as you have said you wanted the stamp

£99 for a dealer service is cheap, we do em and we get a lot of business from it, pretty much all independents would charge the same, in some cases more, do you think the mechanics work for free

That's very true Brun - I went to price up some service bits for a mates 172 today using a local auto-factors and the following parts came to £87

Oil - 5l
Oil Filter - Coopers
Air Filter - Coopers
Pollen Filter - Coopers
Plugs x4 - NGK

Granted, you can drop £45 from that for the plugs alone but still for a dealer to carryout an oil and filter change, stamp your book for only £99 is pretty good going. Typically though, people don't like paying for work to be done that they can't see.