ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnat 216

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Lads has anyone used a set of those Magnat 216 speakers with the white cones and crossovers moulded into the speaker wire?

If you have can you post up here what you think of them?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well from what ive heard they should be used as paperweights and door stops

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

i remember reading max power were mailto:w@nking">w@nking over them saying they re great for the money

The Jinx

I used to have some Bullpowers They are actually very good for the money. They have quite a bit of punch. I had the 6.5in components, with moulded in crossovers.

Obviously they arent going to blow the world away though, for the money they cost. If you want a cheap solution, Id heartily recommend them.

Since getting the Clio I have noticed more bass from its standard fit jobbies, altough the clarity isnt as good. So Id say the Magnats were quite punchy and deliver more mid and top than bass. Just make sure youve got a sub or summat and youre sorted.

We run a set of Magnat comps in our demo car but they are the Stratos series which are the top of the range models. They are very good quality but having never heard any of the lower range of speakers i couldnt really comment. Are you using them in the front or rear.

Russ

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

I was gonna put them in the front as i spied a set for £50 and thought i read somewhere that they were meant to be really good for the money.

But then ive seen a set of Infinity 605cs for only £95

The Infinities would be a better option i think. Ive heard a lot of good revews about them.

we do the 605CS model for £90. We have some of the cheapest orices in the country at the moment on Infinity, JBL and JL Audio prducts...which is a bonus.

Russ