ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook dead...?

320d M Sport
Hmm. It won't turn on properly:

Solid white light
Black screen
No start up chime
Fans etc can be heard running

I've tried a few things but no go. Is it brown bread? It's a late 2008 15".

320d M Sport
Yea solid.
I don't know mate. It's been so reliable I've never even had it crash so just out the blue! Gutted because all my DJ kit runs through it so I feel lost!

Cayman S Edition 1
Try googling white screen of death. There's loads of stuff out there. Hopefully something might help.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Has anyone ever bought two dead for different reasons MacBook's or iMac's and tried to make one good one out of them? Wonder if it's a waste of time or actually a way to save some money...

FF Clio 182
Has anyone ever bought two dead for different reasons MacBook's or iMac's and tried to make one good one out of them? Wonder if it's a waste of time or actually a way to save some money...

Not many of the parts are removable so wouldn't be as straight forward. Do it all the time with a laptop, macbook is a whole different story

320d M Sport
On that note what shall I do with mine then?

It's the very last of the pre unibody. Mid 2008, 2.4 core duo 2, 4gb ram And 320gb. Motherboard gone. Is it worth anything?