ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M3 update

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
​Woke up at 5am this morning and couldn't settle again so thought I'd go for a quick run out before work since it was nice and fresh.Had a nice play, not been out just for a drive in a while so was good to play with all the revs and the traction control off on some quiet country roads.

Took a few crap quality pictures, but first up a few new bits and pieces. I got some new side repeater lenses and silver bulbs, massive difference from the old ones! Also some silver front indicator bulbs, LED sidelights, suede handbrake and gear gaitor and a Clubsport gear knob.

M3_1_zps5c646866.gif

M3_4_zps9a3aa1d5.gif

M3_6_zps49011060.gif

Couple of random ones.

M3_3_zps28af1322.gif

M3_5_zps2e2fbb73.gif

M3_8_zps838d9749.gif

M3_9_zps9b2e9703.gif

M3_10_zpsba158cda.gif

Next mods up is quite a lot! Got my 2 sets of OEM 18's being refurbed currently so I can get the car back on them with some spacers. Might invest in some Eibach's too.
Steering wheel retrim by Royal Steering Wheels.
Drivers seat restitch and dye with a new foam base as it's getting a bit tired.
LED rear lights.
New headlight lenses.
Interim oil service.

I've been pushed back for the subframe fix at Redish until July so gives me a bit of time to hopefully get a few bits sorted that he can fit at the same time, ideally an exhaust and BBK but funds probably won't allow.

Still loving the car, was thinking of putting it up for sale but I can't think of anything I could afford that would be anywhere near as good so I think I'll stick with it all through summer and see what happens.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4veu8_top-gear-bmw-m3-csl_auto#.UV_LmsqRdNg

^^^ Mates M3 CSL, took me out in it and its amazing.

I smile when i wake up to my 172 (quite sad i know) but i'd happily sh*t the bed for an excuse to get up for an M3.

Car looks great, have u got any videos??

I use it everyday and I'm still not bored of it after 7 months, first time ever!

Looks nice. What colour will the oem wheels be?

I've got 2 sets, getting one set in silver just for standard looks, not sure what to do with the others. I'm not a massive fan of dark wheels but 2 sets in silver is a bit boring, was thinking possibly bronze, but don't think they'll really suit an otherwise standard car.
​Can't wait to get rid of the 19's though, hate the design and colour and it drives so much better on 18's!

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Very nice mate just needs led rears now .

And in answer to sj2112 question ... if you buy a decent one thats been well maintained then no they are not expensive at all but if you buy one of these £6000 dogs that needs everything doing well then yeah you can easily blow an extra £3000+ just getting it right!!

Mark

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Yeah, I had an E46 M3 prior to buying the Clio, had to sell for the house deposit... my view is that these cars have come down in value enough for a lot of people to be able to afford them. Buying it to sit on your drive is one thing, actually using it is a completely different ball game. Fuel, tires, brakes, servicing etc quickly adds up, and spare parts aren't always cheap! I think that it cost me around 3k in 18 months, not including fuel!

350Z
Smart that mate!

Are those plates 'legal' as they're still standard letter size/spacing?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Lovely car, he best shape 3 series imo.

​Just how expensive are they to run day to day?

Thanks mate.
The short answer is a lot!

Smart that mate!

Are those plates 'legal' as they're still standard letter size/spacing?

Rear one is legal but the front one is tiny and nowhere near legal!

Yeah, I had an E46 M3 prior to buying the Clio, had to sell for the house deposit... my view is that these cars have come down in value enough for a lot of people to be able to afford them. Buying it to sit on your drive is one thing, actually using it is a completely different ball game. Fuel, tires, brakes, servicing etc quickly adds up, and spare parts aren't always cheap! I think that it cost me around 3k in 18 months, not including fuel!

I think you got off lightly with only £3k in 18 months!

Z4
At present, I don't like how it looks at all! The plates are nasty, as are the wheels, cheapens what was a very expensive car no end. Too many gangster spec Ms rolling about now they're cheaper.

Once you've tidied it up it will look awesome, silver M3s with red seats is a great combo.

Heres my old one with 19s
DSC_1580.jpg

My M3 ownership was fairly cheap, in a year I bought 4 tyres which set me back around £900 (ps2s) and a rear spring.
They can be horrendous, but if you buy smart you should be ok.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Agree about the wheels Chris, only bought them because they had winter tyres on so have served a purpose, can't wait to just get some nice subtle silver ones on. I like the plates but that's just a personal choice.

To be fair I've spent quite a few quid that wasn't really necessary so it does make it seem more expensive than it really needs to be, but it makes a Clio seem free to run!