ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M.O.T check list

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Anyone have a check list they go through on the Clio before m.o.t time, the car is due next weekend.

I need a seat belt pre-tensioner for the passenger seat but all else seems ok(ish).

I think the rear gearbox mount is on it's way out, would that be picked up?

The missus is knicking my work car for the weekend so I can go through the Clio and check it's all ok.

So, ye, just wondering if anyone has there own little check list?

geordie

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
967DF484-30F0-4153-8570-9ECB41330997.png

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup, do all the lights work, are the tyres still legal and is there anything obviously faulty.
f**k failing on something simple that could've easily been fixed beforehand.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Checked most of the basic stuff.

Lights, brakes, hand brake, tires, wipers, washers, dash lights, seat belts, doors, mirrors, suspention, bushes.

Had a wheel bearing and tracking done.

Adjusted the handbrake.

One of the front fog lenses has a crack but not broken, no sharp edges.

Rear washer jet works when it wants to but dribbles, does that matter much as rear wipers (according to my local m.o.t station) aren't part of the test?

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Don't need fuel do I? I thought it was solar powered [emoji38]

Although it is funny you say that as the missus just got home and said you need fuel in the morning.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I’ve taken a car for mot with next to no fuel in it. Embarrassing worrying it would die on the ramp. Lol.
I’m the same as you but I’m panicking more I think. I’ve checked everything I can think and changed bits that needed but it’s always worrying.