ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY EDC - What Wheel Colour?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Really struggling with finding a set of wheels due to the high ET the EDC has. While I was in Renault yesterday they have the facelift 220 and saw the wheels.
_20170430_101006.JPG

I asked parts department for a price, in my opinion it would give mine the look of the facelift model. Then I saw that the French models have them like this.
_20170430_101156.JPG

I'm leaning towards silver if I can get them here in the UK, the black wheels seem to get lost and you can't see the style of the wheel on mine. The black 220 are better but also like the silver.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
They look awful. Like a 17 year old whacking some giant Halfords wheels on thier 1.2.

Leave yours alone.. or go mad and get some Ultraleggeras !

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
They look awful. Like a 17 year old whacking some giant Halfords wheels on thier 1.2.

Leave yours alone.. or go mad and get some Ultraleggeras !
Ultraleggeras are a good shout. I do like your current wheels too though but the centre nut thing would do my head in.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The HLTs are a 7.5Jx18 ET47 offset, I'm not copying someone else as much as I like them. Believe me for the last 2 months I've been scouring the internet for new and 2nd hand wheels in an offset that will work.
So I tried an 8J ET48 as recommended by OZ but this is what happened
DSC_2277-01.jpeg
DSC_2278~2-01.jpeg

They stick out past the rear arch by 10mm, as this is a company that give the 8J the green light. When you go to 7.5J you're severely limited in what style wheel to have in 18".
Another option is to go 17" and go 7J but then it means new wheels AND tyres, I want to use my OE 18" tyres.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Why the f**k did they not make that spoiler an option?! It genuinely makes the car.

It even makes those awkward wheels work

I was going to suggest white like the cup racers but

A631C162-3925-4604-A845-55B610735B2F-7958-00000734F4B42AD6.jpeg

I think the wheels are the issue. They need something chunky. Like the mk3 speedlines. But I don't think they fit.

I wouldn't get those 220 trophy wheels. They look a bit spindly. But you're right that silver is better

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The white actually doesn't look too bad, again it's a struggle with the high ET and 7.5J width. The OE wheel on the rear already sits close to the edge of the arch.

I even looked at these as a possibility, 7.5Jx18 ET53, even the same centrebore, BUT 5x112 which would mean using wobble bolts
_20170425_231847.JPG

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The HLTs are a 7.5Jx18 ET47 offset, I'm not copying someone else as much as I like them. Believe me for the last 2 months I've been scouring the internet for new and 2nd hand wheels in an offset that will work.
So I tried an 8J ET48 as recommended by OZ but this is what happened
View attachment 185627 View attachment 185628
They stick out past the rear arch by 10mm, as this is a company that give the 8J the green light. When you go to 7.5J you're severely limited in what style wheel to have in 18".
Another option is to go 17" and go 7J but then it means new wheels AND tyres, I want to use my OE 18" tyres.

What's wrong with 10mm poke?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It sits outside of the wheelarch and will rub. I don't want a car that looks like it's had the wheels 'spacered' big time. Either flush or literally just inside.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
@NorthloopCup
I took a photo of the rear wheel and arch, bar getting a tape measure I think it shows how close it already is with the ET55 and 7.5J.

An 8J instantly pushes it out 12.5mm
DSC_2383~2.JPG

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
At the top I'd say it's in by approx 15mm, my concern is the radius of the wing to front bumper falls away to expose the tyre tread.
DSC_2386~2.JPG

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It sits outside of the wheelarch and will rub. I don't want a car that looks like it's had the wheels 'spacered' big time. Either flush or literally just inside.

Could always get some adjustable RCA's and whack on a bit of negative camber... but probably not the look you're after.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Could always get some adjustable RCA's and whack on a bit of negative camber... but probably not the look you're after.
It's an option but one near the bottom of the list. It would have to be minimal, like adding 0.5 or something. I don't know what that equates to in terms of wheel tuck but yeah ideally I'd like to keep it as std in looks as possible.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Something like this might be enough for you, you can see it just brings it under the arch. Obviously an extra cost though (mine were about £200)

0bb0cb6483daa21f8c700cfba070296b.jpg

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I got quoted £250 a wheel for the black 220 trophy wheels, that's what the garages pay for them so retail would be a bit more.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I got quoted £250 a wheel for the black 220 trophy wheels, that's what the garages pay for them so retail would be a bit more.
Renault quoted me £1290, the parts guy I go to is trying to sort out the silver ones