ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lupo gti

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Xenons are very very good, small and powerful, distance between Glass and projector help a lot.

Just a cracking little car.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I hardly see them on the road too. Went to dubfest before and there were loads there, I'm sure one had an R32 engine in too?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmmm I bet that was interesting, quick, can't go round corners? Like a Redtop Corsa?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yep probably just like that, looked good in the little engine bay though.
I've got a soft spot for old VW's though :)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I've seen plenty with some awesome conversions. Mainly all 1.8t conversions running anywhere from 250-300bhp.

Mitches is one of the best lupos all round though, that thing is epic!

Trader Rating - 100%
38   0   0
  Flame Red Delight
yea my mum has one, great wee cars and would actually made an ideal first move for a "first sporty" car. Really easy to drive and also have the feel of an expensive 106 gti if that makes any sense? Not overly quick but still good fun.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Can they be tuned much or is it costly?

Costly. Same as the clios really.

Can do the usual, full exhaust manifold back, induction kit, cams and a map etc. Might see you to 140+.

Think there was a couple running 145bhp.

Can get them to 170+ish on throttle bodies depending on your budget.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E90 M3
Hmmm I bet that was interesting, quick, can't go round corners? Like a Redtop Corsa?

Pretty sure that you'll be thinking of corsa B's with the heavy V6 conversion, the LET Corsa's I've driven and been a passenger in have handled pretty well!

I'm sure Chippendale will be in to confirm :)

I used to like the Gti's, but it is a lot of cash for what you get really!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's the problem, they cost more than they are actually "worth" if that makes sense. :(

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's mad money what you pay for and old golf or polo nowadays for what they are. Still like them though.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Nice, I like Tornado Red also.

Raven blue is nice aswell.

DSC_6238-vi.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_6238-vi.jpg
    DSC_6238-vi.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 9

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Indeed. We repaired one a year or so back at work, had a nice red stripe on the front grille in the "U" part, looked really smart, think the guy still has it, it's still local anyway.

Bloody scene tax!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E90 M3
Raven blue is awesome! Always remember seeing a project thread for some dude's one, had an awesome boot opening mod where he'd made the VW badge flip and pop the boot like it does on the Leon's. Was really cool.

I also like that red stripe touch Kev, a fun of the Lupo boys do that. I just find the interior really, really drab. It's not bad, as such - just a bit clinical and dull.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah even the seats are a bit normal, some cool OEM seats would be nice, RS4 seats are probably the same height as the car. :eek:

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Raven blue is awesome! Always remember seeing a project thread for some dude's one, had an awesome boot opening mod where he'd made the VW badge flip and pop the boot like it does on the Leon's. Was really cool.

I also like that red stripe touch Kev, a fun of the Lupo boys do that. I just find the interior really, really drab. It's not bad, as such - just a bit clinical and dull.

Common mod is that now, its a mk5 golf boot handle. Fair bit of work to get it done nicely like.

Some epic interiors out there. A guy called Colins was stunning.

2010-06-26LupoCleaned001.jpg

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think at dubfest before there was quite a few with r32 seats in?