ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lumpy idle, feel bit like a misfire

clio 182 'full fat'
is this normal? my car when warm has a lumpy idle, around 800rpm.
every now and then every few seconds the exhaust wobbles, bit like a misfire.
there are no fault codes stored in the ecu.
any help apprieciated
its a 182 (maybe this is normaul and im just being paranoid?) :S

330 Ci
A lumpy idle is fairly normal in 1*2's.

If its excessive, check your spark plugs and HT leads. Other then that - forget about and enjoy!

clio 182 'full fat'
i need to see another to compare, its excessive to me but im abit of a perfectionist lol, most ppl probs wouldnt even notice.
how do you check leads, just make sure there all plugged in and theres a spark at all of them?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I had this on my 1.2. I ignored it and it got worse and worse until it was so bad it started stalling itself which made it undrivable.

Changed the coil pack and it was fine!

Mk5 golf gti
buy an rstuner (i will have one for sale shortly ;) ) that will raise your idle and make it smoother

330 Ci
It is noticeable however i've had a 182 and a 172 aswell as looked at loads and all do it to one extent or another.

Changing the plugs improves it, as may the coil pack, but every F4R engine i've seen has had a lumpy idle...

It drove me mad when i first bought one but you get used to it!

inferno 182cup
buy an rstuner (i will have one for sale shortly ;) ) that will raise your idle and make it smoother

mine used to like kick/1lump on idle every poss 5 seconds like it, and now its been remaped the idle is higher and this works ^^^^ buy it

clio 182 'full fat'
id like to get mine remapped but not 100% sure how to use rstuner, id be scared to f**k it up, would anyone bw able to do this for me and ill pay for the license etc and to borrow there rstuner?
ill also change spark plugs, any plugs to recommend? and how much is a coil pack? genuine only? or an ebay 'special' be ok?:rasp: