ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lumpy Idle & Cutting Out !!!

Clio 200 CUP
I had a post up before on about my revs on idle and it cutting out on me, so i got the throttle body cleaned and a new lambda sensor. Then I put the RS tuner on it and it came up with MAP sensor so got new and still had no joy, So because all that has not done the trick i have read up on CS that cleaning the crank sensor could work but still had no joy. Now When its on full lock and moving slowly it still cuts out. And still idles rough.

I was thinking some thing to do with Power Steering

Any Ideas ?

Last edited:
I was in the car with bryera earlier and is only does it whilst maneovering the car at low revs. Coming to a stop at lights it's fine. Strangely when it's sat in neutral and we turn the wheel left to right its also fine. The power steering pump seems louder tha mine, but fluids levels are correct.

Ph2 172
possibly power steering switch, located in the metal hose work on the back of the pump ive known them to fail in the past

Clio 200 CUP
Cleaned the TB had new Lambda sensor , New map sensor and cleaned crank sensor and had a new PAS sensor. idel at the min seems to be ok but she's still cutting out.

Has any one got any ideas plz ??????

172 Phase 2
my ph2 172 is doing this too. it's interment and random at best but is def gettin worse. basically idles at 500rpm when the problem is apparent which leads to stalls approaching juntcions when dipping the clutch. after searching and reading many posts i can't believe how illusive the actual fault seems to be and it's putting me off having it looked at. you need three feet to be able to live with the problem and now the cold weather is comin it's gonna soon be dangerous.

wtf could it be???

Clio 200 CUP
i going to get a new TDC sensor try that i dont think its power steering pump as its not making any nose the RS Tuner come up with Fu*k all on it and its just a case of finding what it is coz i not got a clow my self but if i get the sensors done then i no its not them i will have to tak it in to birchdown been meening to but just not had the time or cash at this time of year lol

I'd try TDC sensor and loom replacement, if you were wanting to cover the cheap options without diagnostics + labour costs. Otherwise if you don't know, the logical solution is get it to the garage (with your fingers crossed) then post the results here for future searchers! Does it otherwise sound / run OK with no dash fault lights?

172 Phase 2
no dash lights for me.

i cleaned the tb today and it made no diff on mine. from what i've read on here a faulty TDC is more related to the car not starting. mine starts first time every time. when running cold with the higher idle (1100rpm) it stuggles and trys to cut out but the higher initial idle seems to give the ecu or whatever time to adjust as it senses the drop. once running warm (900rpm) it just plummets to 500rpm and cuts out.

after reading loadsa posts i'm convinced (and praying) it's a faulty tb. it's only £40 quid for a working used one off here so i'm just gonna try it. failing that it's birchdown for me too (i need a service anyway).

Clio 200 CUP
Na mate its not a Lambda had new so no its not that thats a cheep fix if it is mate £60/£80 and just swat them over its not hard mate give it a go mate

Clio 200 CUP
Got hold of a TB and fitted that and its not cut out on me and seems to be running a lot beter i will be doing my spark plugs and coils next !!

Clio 200 CUP
i did evey thing new lambda sensor new map sensor cleaned the TB clened the crank sensor then i maped it and the idling got beter and read some where some one had same as me and he got a secon hand TB and all was well i have done the same and shes not cut out on me Yet and its been about 2 weeks now going to look at new ht leads and new spark plugs hope that has helped

Last edited: