ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest Mileage 172s on here - is it mine?

Clio 172
Im wanting to know if there are any other really low mileage 172's on here?
Mine is 51 reg just clocking up 17k atm. Bought it 4 months ago on 13k

Al

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
13K :eek: I've done more then that in 6 months!

I'm out...

5328321642_6f5571a4c6.jpg

;)

ITB'd MK1
drive your car for the love of god. They get better with mileage. Seen countless sub 20k Trophys with rust seized aux belt tensioners through lack of use. Cars aren't meant to be parked

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a brand new one. Never been driven. Got delivery miles on it.

Evo 5 RS
mate that's not good. You want to hurry that s**t up. By the time you can get in it the exhaust will have rusted off.

Unlucky

every time my one sits for more than a week something goes fcking wrong with it

CLIO RS CUP
52 plate cup on 60K..... and every mile its had its head kicked in!It seems to thrive on abuse (and good maintenance)! Driven not detailed!!!!

182FF
Wish i could hurry up the poxy insurance! Stupid renewal date FFS been driving it weekly and left it ticking over for 30 mins daily! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
lol I genuinely feel sick. Now that monstrosity is an example of why mileage means f**k all

Its all about the maintainance. I'd rather own something on 100k with proper history than something on 60k with patchy or no history.

Evo 5 RS
don't disbelieve you. Joe is the most anal person I've ever known when it comes to buying cars..I usually have his hand me downs as I know what he's like

Im wanting to know if there are any other really low mileage 172's on here?
Mine is 51 reg just clocking up 17k atm. Bought it 4 months ago on 13k

Al

Is such a low mileage a good thing I wonder?

Surely a car of that age with such a low mileage means it's sat around doing nothing for long periods. That can't be good for it. I could be completely wrong on this but it would be something that concerns me.

Evo 5 RS
cars are meant to be driven, my mums sierra sapphire was bullet proof, think it had about 75k on it... never let her down.. Sold it to her sister who barely used it - she had it 3 months and the engine seized

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
cars are meant to be driven, my mums sierra sapphire was bullet proof, think it had about 75k on it... never let her down.. Sold it to her sister who barely used it - she had it 3 months and the engine seized

You've got a point.

My 172 was driven nearly everyday for 5 years, never let me down once.. it goes a week without moving, and then throws all it's toys out the pram..lol.

Weo

Low milage... Denged, insurance unaware.... and sat waiting to be repaired properly.... For a long time.

Clio 172
Is such a low mileage a good thing I wonder?

Surely a car of that age with such a low mileage means it's sat around doing nothing for long periods. That can't be good for it. I could be completely wrong on this but it would be something that concerns me.

Yer I agree, you could argue that more things will go wrong with my car than a car with 100k on, I have replaced most wear nd tear parts so should be good for now.