ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering

Clio MK3
Hey folks, total newbie to modding cars, im wanting to lower my clio mk3 dont want it too low though due to the hundreds of bloody speed bumps were i live, whats the best way of doing it and the most/least could be lowered?

cheers:)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lowering a car is a personal taste thingy. If you can get sportline springs (eibach) for your car then do that.

1.6 16v clio priv
I did mine by 30mm. Swapped springs and dampers. I wouldnt go any lower on a road car. I just scrape the odd high speedbump occasionally and the ride is pretty bumpy

Not too difficult to swap either

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Coilovers are probably the best way as you can raise/lower the height to suit your needs. Obviously, these are going to be a little more expensive than a set of springs, but worth it IME.

Clio 197
I lowerd mine 45mil on h&rs and it did the job could go lower but it's not practice and coils are a stupid price at 500+