ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering which shockers..

Clio sport 182
I've just purchased a none touched 182. It's not a cup so has standard struts I'm waiting to lower it about 40mm onto 16s ideal? But I'm thinking what shocks and springs should I go for?

Cheers in advance. P.S I can't seem to use the items for sale section is that due to not being a member anymore?

Clio 182
dont put apex or amax crap, did that for looks, 4 months later my front shockers had exploded, was scraping along, and the ride was really bad, get some good coil overs, or some good springs, you wont get the drop u want but the drive is what counts, im sure other users will say witch springs are good

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You need to be a member to see the sales section

Eibach pro or sportlines, the latter being a better drop

Cooksports lower quite a bit, I liked them others say they lose teeth

Apex. Had them and would do again. There was a recent thread about how good they are on track, If that's the plan?

H&r. Lower the car nicely and the ride is good. I have these on my car. In that pic it had 20mm front and 10mm rear spacers

DBA45532-AAE2-41D1-9CFA-200615C6E3F8_zpsitiezokt.gif

Clio sport 182
You need to be a member to see the sales section

Eibach pro or sportlines, the latter being a better drop

Cooksports lower quite a bit, I liked them others say they lose teeth

Apex. Had them and would do again. There was a recent thread about how good they are on track, If that's the plan?

H&r. Lower the car nicely and the ride is good. I have these on my car. In that pic it had 20mm front and 10mm rear spacers

DBA45532-AAE2-41D1-9CFA-200615C6E3F8_zpsitiezokt.gif

It's going to be road but she will be going to the nurberg ring at some point in the summer when it's finished.

What's your best advice for value for money all rounder?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
New shocks depending on how the current ones are. Standard shocks are fine. The h&r springs seem great so I would buy these again.

There will be others that say differently with regards springs but after owning the above I'd be happy to buy again

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
New cup shocks and sportlines, transformed the look and ride of my non cup pack 182