ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering the trophy without changing springs

VX220 Turbo
right then been looking into options for my 182 trophy regarding lowering it:

I dont really want to invalidate any warranty on the shocks or spoil the carefully selected spring rates that renault have chosen but at the same time i wouldnt mind it sitting a little lower anyone got any ideas?

I thought about having the part of the damper that ataches to the hub re-drilled in a different position anyone know if this is possible without loosing any strength and without making the suspension dangerous?

also how could i go about lowering the back? i was thinking of lowering springs but would like to do something with the damper so that it isn't permanantly in a position that it shouldnt (if that makes sence)

any ideas?

Audi TT 225
If your gonna mess about with your standard stuff then it would muff your warranty anyway?
Shouldn't need to change anything anyway its a trophy! :D

VX220 Turbo
true warranty isnt a huge issue but i would like ti a bit lower without going down the aftermarket spring route.

just because it's a trophy doesnt mean i cant do a few little things to it, it's only a 182 with red paint fancy shocks and some recaros lol.

VX220 Turbo
middo do you know any eibach springs that will go on the sach dampers? i've got eibachs on my cooper s and thought they were pretty good.

the trophy has h&r springs as standard on the front but stock clio springs on the back

Chocolate Bar™
cliotrophy would probably be a better site as i know a couple over there have lowered it on springs, but not sure what they have actually gone for.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
middo do you know any eibach springs that will go on the sach dampers? i've got eibachs on my cooper s and thought they were pretty good.

the trophy has h&r springs as standard on the front but stock clio springs on the back

Trophy standard springs are eibach, not H&R.

Don't alter the suspension, don't mess with perfection!!! just get custom made deeper front and rear bumpers and side skirts :clown:

megan R26.R number 006

the trophy has got eibach springs on the front not h&r and if you want the car any lower you will need to speak to mark fish motor sport

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
you wont be invalidating the warranty on ur shocks as they are non warranty items (genral wear n tear) oh yea and they r £1200 a piece if they do mess up