ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering My Clio

I need some advice really, I have just recently bought an 03 clio 1.5 dci!

I would like to know what people recomend on how low to drop it, and what size rims, so i get the best look without major problems!!!

I am probably goin to be lookin at puttin 15" rims on, but dont really know what width will look best!!!

Golf GTD

15" rims, u can drop it 60mm-100mm easy.

im on 17" with a 60mm drop at the min, no rubbing.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

^^^ if your getting coilovers then youll be able to adjust the ride height anyway.

if you go for springs/dampers kit then its fixed height, but less money.

sorry if im stating the obvious to you

Quote: Originally posted by thewrightclio on 06 September 2005

Why do you think its a waste of money then?
Probably because they think that you need a quick car with big engine to start with.

I loved the coilovers on my car ok its not that quick straight lines but if you could drive it well on a race track (the instructer did) you can overtake modified 2.0 Clios.

It isnt worth it though then again modifying a car isnt, infact buying any quick car is a waste since the speed limit is 70mph in this country.We do these things because we want to.

It was worth it though for me as I wanted to do some track work and it was a cheap way to make a car which wasnt abismal plus the firmer ride was a bonus. Buying a 172 etc was an option but doing the milage I do plus the money Id pay in insurance and servicing put wind to that idea.

Ive got a quick car now for track work and yes the dci is no compaison it would beat it round a track but insurance is £1.1k 3rd party, its a noisy car to drive and expensive to run.